Chapter 1

Hey guys! So here's chapter one of the second book following Unbroken! #NowPlaying All Falls Down - Adelitas Way

My heart races and I turn my head to face Andy in the hospital bed beside me. My blood pressure calms down and I ask him, "are you sure you can do this?"

"I will do anything for you Catarina," he said and holds out his hand which I grab for comfort. My doctor Cathy Folger walks in and takes some blood from both of us. Great, time for 8-14 hours of liver surgery.

"Are you guys ready for your medicine so we can operate?" she asks us.

I nod and Andy does too but right as she's giving it to me another doctor runs in rather quickly.

"STOP! Don't start the surgery," he yells.

I sit up scared and Cathy asks, "what seems to be the problem Doctor Tremski?"

"These two do not have a compatible blood type..the transplant will fail and Catarina could die," he said urgently.

I whisper to myself, "no.."

This can't be happening. Mom, Carlos, Joe, Claire, Sky, Vid, Sammi, and the guys step in.

Mom walks over to the doctor and they discus the problem. Vid walks over to me and holds my hand, "it's going to be okay Cat."

"Cat were going to take blood sample from your family and friends that are here quickly and go from there okay?" doctor Tremski said.

I nod and look at Andy who's standing up and walking over to me, "im sorry Catarina."

I kiss him once, "what ever happens Andy, I love you. And just in-"

"Everythings going to work out..don't talk like that. I love you too," he said running down my cheek with his two fingers.

My doctor Cathy comes over to me, "Cat we found three matches to your blood. Uhm we have on record Joseph, Skylar, and uh Clarissa."

I sigh knowing I might have reached my end. This might be it for me.

"Now Joseph is only 10 which means his liver is no where NEAR your livers size. Which leaves your sister Clarissa, and your...friend? Skylar," she said, "would the two please step forward."

Claire and Sky come in with the worst look on their faces we all know what's about to happen.

"Oh..oh my. Okay so Clarissa obviously is not in position to donate a liver being..." Cathy starts.

Claire said, "8 months pregnant."

She continues, "8 months pregnant practically ready to burst. Skylar what about you?"

"I uh..can I have a moment with Cat alone for a second?" he asks.

Andy hesitates, "Um I'm not sure tha-"

"Andy its okay," I said.

He leaves the room angrily and everyone else does too. Sky comes over and squats next to my bed and I throw my hands over my head onto my eyes. What am I supposed to do now?

"Cat I wanna do it," he starts.

I interrupt him, "you know you cant Sky."

"But even if it's just for a little while! I mean it won't last long but maybe until Claire has her baby!" he said.

I say, "Sky your liver is full of alcohol! You've been drinking since the day I met you!"

"Cat I can't watch you die," he said clenching his jaw.