Chapter 56: Slytherin Confessions

He felt as though he, Severus Snape, was a new man. His energy, stamina, and fire had all returned in overload and he was ready to fight to keep Hermione by his side until the end. He loved her more than he could possibly express in words and his whole soul was filled up in zealous affection and he would no longer let anyone, including the Ministry, deprive him of the witch he so desperately needed. Snape had not slept at all that night for his mind was too focused on what had taken place there. She gave herself to him and they had found a way to consummate their love through the mess of the situations that surrounded them. He had made a silent vow to himself through it all that he would never let go and never give up. He could not relinquish the young woman who had captured his very being. He would no longer let fate play with him, for he finally had hold of the reigns and he had decided that he would be the one steering his future... their future.

After Hermione had left him that night, he had paced the room for hours, just trying to wrap his head around everything that had occurred. He also noticed that he was indeed growing a fever while his throat had started to swell. Snape didn't care, what did it matter if he was sick? He could only think of one thing, or better yet, one person and nothing and no one else. It wasn't until that morning that Snape came back to reality when his door opened and a guard, accompanied by a dementor, was standing on the threshold, ready to take him back. He had glared at the guard furiously for interrupting his train of thought on Hermione that was so fully enjoying. He was escorted down the hall and up the stairs towards the court room. It seemed rather early to be taking him there, figuring that there probably wouldn't be anyone even in the room when he arrived. After taking a few turns that Snape was not completely familiar with, a feeling of dread swept over him for they were still under the Department of Mysteries, and there was only one place they could possibly be going.

They were not taking him to the Wizengamot.

Hermione was running behind and had been booking it to the court room with as much momentum as she could muster through the crowds of Ministry workers. Once finally to the recognizable doors, she swung them open with fervor. A frown appeared over her when her eyes met Ron, Harry, and Draco while the rest of the room remained empty.

"I thought I was going to be late?" she started as she watched Harry's disappointed face turn into a sympathetic one.

"Snape's hearing was supposed to start five minutes ago."

Ron shoved his hands in his pockets and stared down at the floor while Hermione looked desperately to all three boys in front of her, "So where is everyone?"

"McGonagall has gone to find someone who can help answer that question and I am thinking we should start looking too." Harry sighed, "Something is going on and it is not good."

Hermione took a deep breath, "Where is Snape?"

"Your guess is as good as mine." Ron mumbled.

She narrowed her eyes and dejectedly plopped down on the bench next to a very upset Draco Malfoy who had his arms crossed and brows furrowed, "What else could possibly happen?"

Hermione gave a sneer to Malfoy, "No one invited you."

He rolled his eyes, "Well I definitely am involved now, aren't I? I can't believe this... a mudblood in love with my Godfather..."

"Shove off, Malfoy!" Ron spat out, annoyed beyond belief.

Hermione had to bite her tongue but sighed dramatically and turned to Harry, "How long has Professor McGonagall been gone?"

Harry leaned against the wall, "Not long."

She stood up and started to pace, trying to stay calm but with the presence of a certain Slytherin boy, it was proving difficult for her, "Why isn't anyone here? Have you tried to locate Kingsley?"