Chapter 8: A Revelation

"Where's Professor Snape, Miss Granger? He hasn't been in for days. Is he alright?" Angelina Vincent, a Ravenclaw first year, asked as Hermione walked to the podium.

Hermione smiled at the young girl, trying to not let her see her worry, "He is unavailable at the present time, Miss Vincent."

She heard some whispers coming from a group of Slytherins in the corner, "Is it true Professor Snape is apprenticing you?"

Hermione eyed them warily, "Yes."

Adele Crawford shot her hand up, part of the Slytherin group, "But aren't you a mudblo-" she caught herself, "I mean a muggle born?"

She raised an eyebrow, not liking where this was going, "Yes… but what does this have to do with Potions?" she snapped at them, "Five points from Slytherin for disrespect. Class, please turn to page thirty-four in your text books." She walked around the class, keeping an eye on the group in the back, "You will find the sleeping draught,"

The class all moaned in unison as they opened their books and flipped through the pages, the only one excited about it was Miss Vincent. Hermione smiled by hearing the groans which, in turn, Professor Snape would probably have added more homework or a horribly long essay… but she knew better, "Thirty points goes to the student's house who finishes the potion first and correctly."

At this, all the first years started chattering excitedly, hoping to win points for their new house. It seemed so weird to be in the Potions classroom without Professor Snape there… she frowned, where had he gone off to? What was he doing? She hoped he wasn't in trouble since it really was her fault that he had blown up at her… she had even taken his wand from him. What was I thinking?

Hermione had been teaching his class for a few days now and she could honestly say that she enjoyed teaching the subject. Transfiguration was an extremely interesting topic but involved much more studying and writing… Potions was a very 'hands-on' subject that Hermione was pleased to be involved in. She helped the students crush ingredients and taught them how to stir properly and even in the few days that Snape had disappeared, Ginny had started raising her grades.

After she taught the first years, advanced Potions for sixth and seventh years was next and Hermione was looking forward to seeing Ginny and Luna who had the class together. Ginny got to class early and came in to hug Hermione.

"I've missed you! Heard anything yet on Snape?" she asked, sympathetically. Hermione had explained to her what had happened Saturday night and Ginny was very understanding to Hermione's plight about Ron and then McGonagall bursting in when she and Snape finally started to get along. Hermione, although happy for a chance to teach the Potions class, was extremely upset and rarely went to the Great Halls for meals. If she wasn't in the Potions classroom, then she was locked up in her room. Ginny gave her a small smile when Hermione shook her head no to her question and gave her another hug before she sat herself down, saving a spot for Luna.

"Ginny?" Hermione called before her friend had left the class to go to lunch.

The red-head turned to Hermione and smiled, "Yeah?"

"Tell Ron I said hey, would you?"

She nodded and walked out.

Hermione sighed, seating herself at Snape's desk and closed her eyes, exhausted. She hadn't heard from Ron since that night that he and Harry had come barging into the classroom. Hermione never meant to slap him… she didn't know why she did it… all for Snape? Ron was her boyfriend! She rubbed her temples, thinking to herself how stupid she had been that night… slapping Ron… almost breaking up with him, or so she prayed they were still together, stealing Snape's wand, getting him into who knows how much trouble… she was such an idiot.