Chapter 29: Dream Within a Nightmare

Hermione could not go to sleep. Her mind was filled with thoughts of Severus Snape. Everything had to fall in place, no love like theirs could end up any differently. She squealed in her tangled sheets at the mere thought of being beneath the man again that she had just been snogging relentlessly. His lips were tantalizing and reassuring and his kisses were protective and passionate. The emotions that were finally displayed by the Potions Master had shocked her. He had no boundaries that he wasn't willing to cross when he was in her arms and while this excited her to no end, it also frightened her. The most intimate she had ever been with Ron was in the Chamber of Secrets during the last battle and she was definitely not used to the unbridled passion from a real man.

Of course Ron was extremely affectionate and wanted to be much more intimate, but Hermione had held back, afraid of the power of lust and the feeling of no longer being in control. Besides that fact, she now realized that her hesitancy was not just because of her fear of losing herself, but it was her feelings that were not truly honest. She could not even hold a candle to the love she had for Professor Snape. He was truly her life… her sunrise and sunset, her everything. She smiled and stretched, trying to relive the feeling of him on above her and the total intimacy that ensued as a product from a silly argument. He had been so involved in the moment that she could remember how close he was to pushing himself on her and taking their kiss into something much more ardent and dare she say it, obsessive.

She could not express how happy and blissful she was, reveling in her thoughts and memories with her eyes tightly closed to relive the moments that she would never forget. Hermione wanted to scream in delight as she hugged herself close realizing that she was covered in the Potions Master's scent. It was in her hair and on her skin and it sent shivers up and down her body realizing how close they were to taking their kiss to the next step. Professor Snape had been so close to losing any power over himself that he had left, leaving them to delve into the point of no return.

She supposed that that was the reason for her stopping him, the reason for her pushing up on his chest, away from the madness that would have soon taken over the both of them. What would have happened had she not stopped him? Would she even be in her room at that moment? She blushed at her dark thoughts full of lust. Hermione Granger was lusting after Professor Snape! She could hardly believe it but it was quite true. A part of her wished she would have let him continue just to explore their new feelings together. What would it have been like if she would still be in the Room of Requirement at the very instant? She reprimanded herself for thinking such thoughts but it electrified her to muse about the prospect that they could have possibly lost themselves to one another.

It was so exciting to be left speechless and breathless and absolutely mad over such a man as Severus Snape. Nothing mattered to her anymore. No one existed beyond their little world they had created over night, a world of love and secrecy. She was in love and never wanted to lose the feeling again. Did he feel the same? She sure hoped he did. Hermione's heart felt like it was going to burst. She squirmed around and fluffed up her pillow, trying to occupy her thoughts and actions and she found that she was shaking from such stimulation with something as simple as a thought of him.

She held one of her pillows to her chest, trying to shield her beating heart and whispered, "I love you Professor!"

Hermione could not help but smile at the words that played across her lips. She was finally free to express her deepest feelings for the man that had been building up for months. Hermione sat up and walked towards her vanity and inspected herself in the mirror. She had slipped off her dress and had pulled on a tank top and cotton shorts to cuddle into bed with the heat of the fireplace replacing the duty of the garments that should have been keeping her warm. The crackling of the flames drew her mind back into their first kiss as the candles made a melody that had serenaded them for the whole night. Snape had been so hesitant, so frightened of her contact with him. Although the kiss was short, it was amazing to her. His thin lips had covered hers and the roughness of his skin grazed her own.