Chapter 9

Eleanor's POV

Waking up in a random environment frightened me quiet a bit. As I opened my eyes, I examined everything around me. Including Louis sitting in the chair next to my bedside...

Louis?!

I shifted my weight on the bed, frightened a bit more. He must've heard the bed squeak, cause his head shot right up. He took a look at our interlocked fingers, but didn't pull away.

"W-what happened? Where am I?" I asked, frightened.

"El, you're in the hospital."

Louis' POV

I heard the bed squeak. My head shot up, making myself alert of everything. El's and mines fingers were interlocked. The way her face looked, she was absolutely terrified. Her next words made it more obvious.

"W-what happened? Where am I?" she asked, sounding almost frightened for her life.

"El, you're in the hospital."

Her face fell as if I had just killed her puppy. She shook her head, squirmed to get out of the bed.

"El! Stop! What are you doing?!" I yelled, trying to get her to relax and lay back down.

"I'm an open target! He's gonna get me! I can't work for him anymore!" she yelled, trying to pull her wrist from my grasp.

"Who's going to hurt you?" I asked, sitting on the bed, holding her legs down.

"A-Amanda...and he father. I can't! Louis! Let me out!" she yelled again, almost in tears. I leaned forward, pressing my lips to hers.

"Eleanor, no one will make you do anything you don't want to anymore. I promise." her frown slowly curved into a smile.

Suddenly, the door flew open. I turned to look and see who was there, but a hand was slid across my face. Each finger having its own sting. It forced me to the floor, as I coughed. The collar of my shirt was pulled close to the person. As my eye side softened, I saw the figure.

"Amanda-"

A gun was pressed smoothly against my forehead. I cut my sentence short, eyeing her meanly.

"Give it up. You might as well die right here. In this room with an insane girl." she said, pronouncing each word with full meaning.

"I dare you." I snapped, turning my eyes to Eleanor, who sat silently on the bed. 'Run' I mouthed. She shuffled off the bed and to the door. Amanda snapped her arm toward her, giving me a perfect opportunity to jack the gun.

I jumped from the floor, holding Amanda's arm around her back, taking the gun from her fingers. Eleanor opened the door and started running. I don't know where to, but she did.

"Let. Me. Go!" she yelled, spitting each word. I looked around the room for my next move.

I noticed a small quart of water sitting on the table. I aimed the best I could, and tossed the gun into the water. I realised Amanda's arm, and bolted out of the room.

A bunch of people stared as I started down the hall. A nurse popped in front of me, causing me to stop.

"Excuse me? But, you're the man who brought a girl and a strange man in earlier, correct?" she asked, stopping her cart. I nodded, unaware of why she was asking.

"The man died, about 10 minutes ago. His daughter came in, and then left after we told her the news. She said she had a present to give to another patient." Ten minutes. That was enough time to find El's room. To get her gun ready. And to plan her attack.

"You need to call the police! That girl is trying to kill me!" I yelled, turning around, watching as Amanda came walking angrily down the hall after me. The nurse slowly pulled up a whistle, and blew it. An entire squad of police officers came out, and arrested her. I turned back to the nurse.

"Oh, Louis. You've grown up so much. I'm an old friend of your mothers. She taught me a lot about being a nurse." she explained, turning to the police and speaking to then.

A thought came to me.

Eleanor!

I turned back and ran to the front desk. They seemed to have known what I was saying, cause they pointed me to her room. She was laying on the bed, having medicine put into her through an IV.

"Oh? You must be the boyfriend. Shes in good health sir. Just needs a bit of rest." the doctor said, leaving the room.

"Boyfriend, huh?" I joked, sitting next to her,

"Well I needed some kind of story." she smiled, acting entirely normal.

"I'm happy you chose that." I said, leaning in a bit closer to her.

"Me too." she whispered, pressing her lips to mine. "I love you, Louis."

"I love you, too." I replied, pushing the hair from her face.