Chapter 4

Louis' POV

"I-I'm so sorry. I can't imagine what you're going through." Amanda said, grabbing my hands. I tried to fake a smile, but I couldn't pull it off. My mum and Daisy still hadn't woke up, and Phoebe is freaking out. She decided to stay at the hospital, and forced me to go out with Amanda. Honestly, I didn't want to, but it was for the girls and my mum. "Louis?" 

"What?" I said, going back to reality. She laughed.

"You're so out of it. Are you sure you're alright?" I nodded. "Coolness, let's do something fun then." She said, standing up from the table. 'Fun' wasn't really my top priority at the moment.

"B-But I still haven't eaten." I said, pointing to the kitchen and frowning. She frowned back. 

"Common! You need something to get your mind off of what happened!" She said, pulling me up and out the door. I couldn't stop her, I didn't know how to one, and two I thought it would be a little rude. 

After about a mile of walking, we arrive at an abandoned old house. She pulled me inside and into one of the rooms, sitting down in the center.

"It's said that this room is haunted by the old lady who lived here. Rumor had it, her husband pushed her into this room and rapped her. They say this is the best room in the house to..ya know." She explained. Oh, HELL NO! If she thought I was gonna take my pants off right now, she was far from wrong. "Common, just sit. I don't bite." I sighed, and fell to the floor. The house was dark and cold and it felt like I was being watched at all times. 

"This is, uh, a nice house." I murmured, looking around the room. She smiled. "What?" I asked stupidly. She shook her head. "Tell me." 

"Well, I might've had a little much to drink." She said, showing me the body of whiskey. I grabbed the bottle from her hands. 

"Then why did I come out-" She interrupted me, putting her lips to mine. Her lips tasted like beer and whiskey, obviously what she had been drinking all night. I pushed her off of me, and scooted back. She gave me a puppy lip. "No, Amanda! Stop!" I yelled, as she tried getting closer. I stood up and ran towards the door. 

BANG!

I turned back to the house. That was a gun shot! I ran back in and saw someone's lifeless body laying on the floor. No one else was in the house, not even Amanda. I quickly called 911 again. 

"Some lady was just shot!" I exclaimed into the phone. 

"Do you know who it was, sir?" The police asked. I walked over to the body and turned it over. My jaw dropped, tears almost escaping my eyes. "Mr. Tomlinson?"

"I-It's my neighbor. Mrs. Joshson." I said sadly into the phone. I looked around the room and saw another note. I ripped it off the wall and read it to myself.

Louis,

Stop making me repeat myself! People get hurt, especially close ones. Watch out, or your little sister is next!

A splash of blood was on the note. I sniffed it. It smelled like alcohol and cigarettes. I showed the note into my pocket and walked out of the house. 'Don't cry' I kept repeating in my head. 

I walked into my house and Phoebe ran right into my arms. 

"So you heard?" I asked, caressing her cheek. She nodded sadly. I pulled her into a hug and stayed there for while. Of course we were upset, we've known her forever, and now she's dead. What was she doing in the house anyway? Was she following me or something. I fixed us both dinner, and after we went to what was Mrs. Joshson's house. It was empty. Like nobody had been here since we left last night. I walked around for while and noticed no clues. Common Louis think. I ran up to the bedroom and saw it first. Her bed wasn't messy or warm. I went to the kitchen and checked the dishwasher and the plates. They hadn't been washed or used in days. What did this mean? Mrs. Joshson wasn't living here. She wasn't spending every day, or every night here like I had thought when I had returned. She was defiantly involved in these cases. But why would someone she was working for, or with, just kill her off like that? 

"Louis, wake up!" Phoebe pounced on my bed. I rubbed my eyes and looked at her. "Mrs. Joshson is on the news." My eyes popped open. I ran downstairs and flipped the tele on. She sure was on the news.

"I just woke up in this strange house. I was bleeding all over my body, but I had no wounds. I don't know what that boy told everyone, but it was probably just another little lie." She wasn't dead. But that was impossible. Wait, why am I thinking this?

"She's dead! This isn't possible! She eyes were wide open and she wasn't breathing!" I exclaimed at Phoebe, who sat quietly on the sofa watching my freak out. 

Ding Dong

"I'll get it." I said, walking to the door. I opened it up to see the police standing there. "Can I help you, sir?"

"Yes, you saw Mrs. Joshson's supposedly 'dead' body, correct?" she said, doing the finger thing when he said dead. 

"She was dead." I growled. 

"I have no time to argue, Mr. Tomlinson! Did you see who did it or not?" he exclaimed, pinning me to the door. I shook my head.

"The only people in the house were me and Amanda." I growled. He glared at me, grabbing the door and slamming it shut. "Have a nice day!" I yelled, walking back into the living room, cussing under my breath. I picked up my phone and dialed Amanda.

"Hello?" a girl said, sounding nothing like Amanda.

"Amanda?" I asked confused.

"Sorry, this is her flatmate Eleanor. Can I help you-"

"Look, Eleanor, can you meet me at the park by the school?" I interrupted her. 

"Uh, okay?"

"Great, see you then. By the way, it's Louis Tomlinson." I said hanging up the phone. "Phoebe, I'm going out." I said opening the door. "Please, go hang at the hospital or go to a friend's house. Don't stay here alone." I shut the door and walked outside. I walked to the park since it wasn't all that far from my house. I sat down at the swing and swayed back and forth. 

"Louis?" Someone called from behind me. I turned around and saw a beautiful brown haired girl. "Hi, I'm Eleanor." She said, handing me her hand. I stood up and hugged her.

"It's nice to meet you." I said into her neck. I didn't want to look up. I was scared, and I needed someone to talk to besides Phoebe. I explained everything that had happened since I had come back, and why I had.

"Oh, so have you found anyone?" She asked first, not getting to the dead and injuries. 

"I thought I did. I don't know." I admitted. 

"Was it Amanda?" she asked. I looked up at her confused. "She's been talking about you a lot. It's kinda annoying after while." She said playing with her fingers. I smiled. Was it really Amanda I liked? "Anyway," she said, interrupting my thoughts. "This old lady, she was dead last night, and now she's not?" I nodded. "Seems like a clever old lady if you ask me."

"What?"

"Oh, please. I've watched Doctor Who forever now. She was dead, someone is just covering up for her now." This girl was brilliant. 

"Would you like to help me figure this all out?" I asked. She smiled and nodded. "The police don't believe me though. I told when she really is dead, and they got mad." 

"So, maybe I'll start talking, while we investigate a bit more." she pointed out. 

"Man, how are you so damn good?" I joked, pushing her shoulder. She smiled and me and blushed a little. 

"Oh, crap. I gotta get going. I'll see you later, like 5 o' clock?" I nodded. "See you then." She said, kissing my cheek and walking away. This investigation just got interesting.