Chapter 3

Louis' POV

As Phoebe and  I walked in the house, it was dead silent. I decided to take a quick look around to check to see if anyone had broken in. The house was dark and silent, every step I took made no noise. I walked into the kitchen and saw my mom and Daisy laying on the floor. They didn't look dead, but they were bleeding pretty bad. I threw myself on the floor and checked their pulses. 

"Phoebe!" I cried, trying to clean up some one the blood on their bodies. I hear her come in, but that was all. I turned around and saw her eyes filled with tears, and she was breathing hard. "Just dial 911!" I looked into Daisy's almost lifeless body. She slowly opened her eyes, but they rolled back shut. I took her and my mother's hand and tried to stay strong. Phoebe was younger, so I was the role model to show I wasn't scared. But, truthfully, I was shaking. I looked around the kitchen and saw a note on the fridge. I ripped it off and held it in my shaky hands.  

Louis,

You dare try and tell on us, you'll be in hell. Have fun on that little date of yours. Too bad, she doesn't even realize who the hell you are, and how badly we can ruin you both!

Anonymous

I gripped the note tightly and showed it into my pocket as the police came in. We explained that we had just came home from the fair, and the seemed to believe us with flying colours, although, why wouldn't he?  We ended up just staying home, rather than heading over to the hospital with Daisy and mum. 

"Why do you think that happened?" Phoebe asked, walking into the kitchen. I just shrugged and took inventory of the kitchen. "How did they do it?" I stood up and looked at the floor. There is no evidence of a gun shot, and the knives don't look used. 

"Whatever they did, they didn't use any of our stuff." I said, checking the knives to be sure. "I'm gonna go talk to the neighbors, if you need anything or hear anyone in the house, call me." I said, kissing her head and walking out the door.

"Louis!" She called, running after me. "I'm going with." I sighed and told her to stay close. I walked up the steps of our neighbor, Mrs. Joshson. She was a sweet old lady who lived with two cats, and a lonely old dog. 

"Louis, Phoebe, it's been awhile." She greeted us, giving us both a big hug. "What can I do for you?"

"Well, someone broke in today, and I was wondering if you heard or saw anything." I asked, leaning up again the door. She gave us a light sigh, and beckoned us inside. We walked in and walked right into the kitchen.

"Your mother's boyfriend and his daughter came by only a little while before you came home. I say that he pushed her into the door, but that's all. About ten minutes later, about five before you arrived, I heard them both scream. I looked over and saw them both running through the backyard. He didn't have anything on him, though." She explained. I tapped my chin and thought for a minute. This was my first Doctor Who moment, and it involved my mum and sister, I had to figure this out.

"Do you remember what the girl looked like?" If I couldn't figure out her boyfriend, a girl wouldn't be as hard.

"Well, she looks about your age, and she was long black hair. She wore an odd uniform, I couldn't quiet read what it said though." She answered. Well, this was gonna be one hell of a hunt.