Chapter Eight: Luca

Chapter Eight: Luca

"How was it?" the boss asked me.

"Uhhhhhhhh," I was short for words. How could anyone talk about how their first time was especially with their boss? Now if anyone knew how to go about that casually, they could come to me.

"Look I don't need a full-on, descriptive essay on how it went. Just to know there wasn't trouble with her or you and to know your capabilities for certain fields," he explained.

I face palmed myself for freaking out so much. It was no biggie, he probably asked all the guys.

"Well, it was fine then," I said calmly.

"That was vague. Opposite to Dean though, the kid's always going on into full detail like how his pe-"

"Eehh, okay I'm fine. It's not like I'm trying to be rude but its Dean we're talking about and I think I'll play it safe by not having to hear his descriptions."

He only shrugged at me leaning back on the stupid chair. I could probably predict what he'd be doing tomorrow and it made me wonder two things. How did he make so much money doing nothing? And how wasn't he fat?

The guy was a stinking-rich couch potato basically.

"Boss. About the missions you'll give me.." I started cautiously causing him to lift an eyebrow at me. "I'm not sure. I can do kidnapping, collecting money or something like that but."

"But, what exactly Luca?"

"It's about the assassinations. I can't do it," I cried out in frustration.

"Can't or won't?" his gruff voice seemed coated with a sudden annoyance.

"Both?," I replied stupidly. Mentally I face palmed myself again, it was like I had a death wish today to get on his nerves and the Lord above knew this Argentinian boss would surely skin me alive if I crossed the line.

Thinking this was the end of the world as the scary, older man in front of me got up for once and decided to head to a file cabinet. Instead he brought out some money and held it out to me. I wondered, so confused.

His face looked up at me as he returned to his forever, faithful chair. He sighed defeatedly before he spoke, "Well then, I'm assigning you another mission. And whether you'll like it or not is a different story but I'm not here to get you jobs that you'll like. If you wanted to that you could have gotten a different job. I'm here to give you the missions I pick and make profit with, understand?"

I gave a respectful nod not knowing where this was going but having pretty strong feelings that today I would be busy, all the hints were right there anyway.

Later on, I found myself in the most awkward of situations walking along in the mall. My chosen companion today was one of the main reasons for the awkwardness surrounding the air.

"Oh wow, you again?" Lina said raising an eyebrow in my way. Oh great, now she would probably think I was stalking her or arranging these things on purpose at this rate. I could've sworn the boss was doing this just fun.

"Look I didn't do this. It just happened to be what I was assigned," I explained to her.

"Hnn, whatever."

"Its not like I was planning for this to be with you especially after what happened yesterday, no-one goes to see the person they had one-night stand the next day, let alone shop with them for clothes."

She only sighed heavily before telling me that it was okay then and how it didn't matter now since there was nothing we could do about it. We finally arrived at Fashion Show mall soon after the long drive, it just seemed so hard to find a parking space here especially with us being Nevada, Vegas where it was always bursting with people.

"I didn't realize we were in Vegas," Lina said along the way as we bustled our way through the mall. It wasn't that surprising though seeing as she was sleeping and blindfolding when she got brought from her home in LA to here.

"Yeah, I'm not surprised really," I replied as we navigated through the mall.

Since we were going to get her clothes for when she started work properly for Hoes-on-the-Go, Lina and I decided on heading to lingeries stores like Victoria's Secret. Again doing this had added to my reasons of uneasiness. Going to a place where women bought bras, sexy undies and stuff like that was just not where I'd like to see myself except maybe as a bra-fitter (hint) but since I was with Lina, who wasn't my girlfriend not my wife, not even my best friend or something; just some chic I helped kidnap and was assigned to have a night stand with.

What a great assignment?

While I stood around waiting for her around the changing rooms, a scream came from her room.

"Lina, what happene-"

The sentence coming out my mouth was cut short as I was presented with every man's dream of seeing her in SC lingerie. Time seemed to slow down. We looked at each other till I thought I could feel my pit hair growing when she broke the silence.

"Get out you stupid perv!!" Screamed Lina, chucking a purple lacy bra at my head.

I turned my head around only to see one old lady shaking her head at me with a clear look of disapproval on her taut, wrinkled face.

Old people shop in lingerie stores? Kinda gross..

I stuck my tongue at her earning a shocked look in my direction all while Lina muttered a string of colorful words in Spanish. Might I say it was quite impressive. 'Didn't know she had in her.

Just when I thought Lina wouldn't talk to me again after the changing rooms incident, she again decided to break the constant silence between us, saying, "I thought there's supposed to be a mob of bodyguards watching over us. So far it seems like there's none around so I could just run off when I wanted to."

"Yea but you see that's where you're wrong, on both points my hot-blooded companion. Firstly, they are watching you. Secondly, that's what they want you think. If you tried to escape, they'd be on you like a lawnmower on grass," she gave me one of her funny looks as I shrugged, "It was the first thing that popped in mind! Anywho, if you tried to do a runner, these men would find you even in a girls restroom; they're that dedicated to keeping an eye on you in case."

A look of cringing annoyance set itself on her face at the mention of bodyguards while I pointed out some of them. It was getting boring in the mall and since we still had plenty of time, I decided to treat us. We had a lot of cash left seeing as the lingerie wasn't too expensive.

During the day we ate, hung out (surprisingly), bought fro-yos and then in the evening I had a surprise for her.

Fashion Show Mall had fashion shows- hence the name -around anytime so I wanted to take her to see if she'd like it and smile for once. "Where are you taking me now, Castillo?" She asked dryly while I dragged her towards the show.

She gasped and her once sullen face lit up a bit like the way a kid's does at Christmas. The show started and only thirty minutes into the show Lina cuddled up to me, nestling her head onto my shoulder before closing her eyes and falling asleep.

I could finally feel pleased with this trip now.