Chapter One: Lina

Thanks so much to xxLivexLovexLaugh for my awesome cover! On with the story..

Chapter One: Lina

I screamed and when I did, I couldn't stop. I could have kept screaming till my throat went raw. Till I made myself dizzy with the tiredness and sick feeling I acquired but nothing would change what had just happened. Nothing in this cruel world could sugar coat how quickly I'd have almost everything to nothing in one night.

  Even now with everything I have done to make some things right, it doesn't change how normal ended so inevitably on that night..

Today was the day we'd all been planning for.

Our parents had their wedding anniversary coming up and surprisingly they decided to stay at home this year so us kids were planning to make it special. Usually my parents decided to go visit a new exotic, high-class country as if they were spending their honeymoon all over again.

We weren't particularly rich. Our home was a warm, grand, a mini-mansion (I guess) with three floors and four bedrooms:

One for me, my sister, little brother and biggest of all, my parents. I used to love their room as a child, playing dress-up with my mum's heels, lying in their bed when I had a bad night, that kinda thing.

Anyway on to what I was saying before, usually dad would take my mother out or on holiday but recently he seemed different and told us, he had decided that "maybe a stay-at-home date would be better this year". So here we were, two kids and one teenage girl preparing their soon to be awesome date.

"Owwww! Owww, get off me!!!," a shrill voice cried out.

I turned around only to be met with the sight of my poor baby brother being sat on by my equally annoying little sis.

"Hey, stop it!," I said, pulling them apart before they destroyed each other, "what's going on?"

"Isabelle's picking on me," my little bro coughed inbetween gasps, his big, doe eyes pricked with tears.

Raising myself up to full height, looking at her, "Isabelle Sofia Ramírez, I told you no sitting on your brother!"

"I didn't- Oscar started it first," her accusing finger pointed at him, a scowl on her face.

Facing her as a disappointed sigh escaped my lips, I lowered myself to her level.

"Izzy, you know Mom would be let down by this."

Her brown orbs softened a little as she lowered her gaze, "Sorry Lina. Sorry Oz," they enveloped each other so cute and sweetly till I couldn't resist the 'bear hug'. Suddenly, a figure appeared behind us.

"Who's giving out group hugs without me?"

"Mom!" we cried, as Izzy and Oscar ran towards her; grabbing onto her legs. She smiled warmly at them. Her prescence creating the peaceful, toasty aura that surrounded this house.

"Hiya mom," my hand waved at her as she looked at me cheerfully, we talked about a lot of random things like how her company was doing just to distract her when dad slipped in.

"What's up?" my father's stern voice spoke out diverting our attention. Alberto Ramírez.

He was the alpha in our family, the strong business man making money but always busy so when we did see him after a six-week travel, Isabelle was always the first to fly to him. Her melted chocolate hair flying behind her while the little pixie screamed out "Daddy!" such a daddy's girl from the start to the end.

Tension slid off dad's shoulders as he looked from us to my mother, "You look beautiful, Carmen, as always. I bought you something I'd like you to try on, in fact all of you"..