8

Two feet stop in front of me as my head is facing the ground, resting on my hands tiredly. I look up and see the feet belong to FP Jones. I smirk as Keller appears beside him and starts taking off my cuffs.

"It was good seeing you Keller" I wink, leading myself out, FP behind me.

"You trying to get your ass back into Juvie?" FP shouts.

"Oh please FP stop the whole pretending to care act"

"I ain't pretending! When are you going to get that through your thick skull kid? Now get in the truck"

I get in. Knowing. I don't have any other way home and my motorbike is in the back. When we are close to arriving at the trailer park, FP finally speaks.

"We all care Casey, we hate seeing you like this. Sweet Pea is a god damn mess, he came yelling at me the other day, kicked some sense into my ass. Toni asks everyone at the Wyrm if they spent time with you while she was at school and Fangs, he's trying to keep the other two form falling apart. You're the glue that holds them together Casey, always have been" he declares parking the car, "Since you were tiny kids, you gotta stop pushing them away-"

"I'm not the same kid I was" I interrupt, looking down to my fingers, fidgeting, "Juvie...it was a living hell. Fighting, all the time. It's what you had to do to survive in there. I was all alone, I had no one but the thoughts in my head and it, it killed me"

I feel tears trying to fight to come out, I take a deep breath.

"It changed me into this person. This person who has so much hate and pain inside of me. I hate myself. What I look like, how I speak and the people I hurt. Malachai...he fucking broke me and I hate that I let him do that. I hate that I let someone get close to me, only for them to leave again"

"Like I left you" FP sighs, "Casey Juvie didn't change you. It will always be a part of your life and there is no hiding it or running from it. It is who you are now. You aren't changing you're growing. This is a shitty time in your life, but it will get better"

"That's what Sweet Pea said" I scoff.

"He's a smart kid" FP chuckles.

"Very. I think I've already lost him"

"You haven't. Now go tell him how you feel, stop drinking and Casey, just let it hurt kid" he states.

I nod, putting my hand on his and squeezing it, before rushing to Sweet Peas trailer. I hear his TV on so I just walk inside. He is sitting on the couch, when he sees it is me who has barged in, he turns off the TV and sits facing me.

"I hate myself. I did things in Juvie, that I had to do to survive. I fought, I hurt people and I was hurt. It's why I have so many nightmares because, I can't forget it. I was so, fucking alone in there, it was all I ever thought about so coming out, I thought I'd stop thinking about it but I didn't. It was still all here" I blurt out fast, "Then, Malachai"

My voice cracks as the tears start falling. I take another deep breath and then wipe the tears on my cheeks.

"There is so, much pain. I-It's scares me" I admit, "It's scares me so much and I...I missed you all so much. I was so alone, it's what hurt most, not having anyone. I'm so fucking scared of being alone again. I can't loose any of you. I am so, so sorry"

My emotions give in and I start to cry. Sweet Pea rushes over to me, wrapping his arms around me tightly. I throw mine around him and hold him, afraid if I let go I'll fall apart.

"You are my family Casey, you're my best friend and I promise you, you will never be alone and I will not let anyone hurt you ever again" he promises, whispering into my ear.

"You're my family too" I cry, hugging him tightly.

He leans back and puts his hands to my cheeks, wiping the tears away. But once he does, he keeps his hands there.

"You are selfless, smart, strong, brave, loving and beautiful. Don't ever forget that Case" he declares.

I look to him shocked, but nod and smile small. We then move to the couch, watching some cartoons whilst waiting for our pizza to arrive. For once, I feel like a weight has been lifted off my chest, I think I might be okay.

When I wake up, I find myself wrapped in Sweet Peas body. I widen my eyes shocked and slowly pull myself away making sure not to wake him up, because if he saw how we were sleeping it would be really awkward. I run my eyes tiredly, from being hungover and having another nightmare last night. Once I've had a shower, I walk out into the kitchen and find Sweet Pea making himself cereal.

"Hows the hangover?" he teases.

"It's great" I chuckle, making myself some coffee, "Thanks Sweet Pea, again. For letting me stay here and just, everything"

"No need, I know you'd do the same thing and you have done it before. I owed you" he shrugs smiling, "So, you down to come to the quarry?"

"Hell yeah" I nod, "Let me get my jacket and we can go"

I sit at the table with Toni, Fangs and Sweet Pea. Toni keeps her eyes tight on me. I groan, looking back at her.

"You gonna keep staring at me Topaz? Look I know I went a bit crazy, but I'm good now, promise" I assure her.

"I know, I'm just so happy" she states, throwing her arms around me.

"Jesus Toni you're always hugging people" Fangs scolds, "Hey I heard a Northsider called the cops on you yesterday?"

"Jughead did that?" Toni questions.

"His friend" I scoff, "He was just as mad as I was about it"

"Was it the red head? We can go show him the consequences" Sweets asks.

"Hell yeah" Fangs nods agreeing.

"No, it was a blonde and a girl. So no ones going to be showing anyone any consequences" I laugh.

"Well, I've got to go. I've got a hot date, a sex date" Fangs grins.

"Traveling tot he Northside for this date I assume Fogarty?" Sweets teases.

"Yep. See you sexless assholes later!" Fangs responds, giving Sweet Pea the finger as he walks away.

The three of us laugh, I look to Sweets to find he was already looking at me, a smile on his face.

"What?"

"Nothing, just happy you're here" he shrugs.

I smile sadly nodding, then Toni sighs loudly standing up.

"I have a shift at the Wyrm. I'll catch up with you guys later though right?"

"For sure" I nod, waving her goodbye.

I turn to face Sweet Pea.

"And then there were two" I sing.

"What do you want to do? Stay here, hang with the guys. Go back to the trailer, watch some cartoons, smoke cigarettes?" he suggests.

"I vote trailer"

"Same, let's get out of here" he agrees, standing up and the two of us walk to our bikes.