33

The following day, I lean against Sweets' bike, kissing his lips softly outside of our new school.

"Enjoying your turtle neck?" I tease.

Jughead insisted he's wearing his jacket, so me being his sister, of course wasn't going to let him get in trouble by himself. Plus, I love pissing off the Northside.

"Shut up" he groans, stretching the fabric around his neck.

"Hey, I still think you look hot" I smirk, going on my tippy toes to kiss his lips again, "Get going, I'll be in there later with Jug"

Shortly after he goes inside. Jughead arrives and we make our entrance into the school, immediately getting a lot of stares. But when we walk into the common room, we don't just get stares.

"Oh, hey, guys, what's up?" Jug smirks confidently, the two of us going to the vending machine.

I wink at Sweets, then look to Reggie who is beyond pissed. I lean against the machine, facing Reggie, whilst Jug has his back against him getting food.

"Take it off. Take off that jacket Ray Boy, and you too Serpent slut" he demands.

I see Sweet Pea stand up madly, but I put my hand out for him to not come over.

"Oh, Reggie. I don't think you know what this jacket means" I sigh, stepping closer to him.

"Because you have no sense of honor. Or history" Jug continues.

"or loyalty" I declare.

"That's it"

Reggie then reaches for my jacket and pulls it hard, making me fly towards him. I start hitting him back as he roughly tries to take off my jacket. Soon enough there are a heap of bodies, Serpents fighting the Northside Bulldogs. Once we have all split due to Weatherbee. Sweet pulls me to the side, putting his hands on my shoulders.

"You okay? Did he hurt you?" he ask worried.

"No I'm okay, I'm okay" I assure him, putting my hand on my stomach protectively, "All okay"

He nods, then kisses my forehead. We all move to the principals office, me and Jughead standing against the wall.

"You all have a week's detention for fighting. But I made myself clear to you, Mr. Jones and you too Ms.."

"It's Casey" I hiss.

"Take off that jacket, right now, or you're both suspended" he threatens.

"Please, Jughead, just" Lodge begins, but Jug stops her.

"Then I guess I'm suspended" he shrugs and leaves he room.

All eyes turn to me.

"And you?" Weatherbee questions.

"I'm with him. See you later boys" I smile to Fangs and Sweets before leaving the room, walking confidently out of the school with my Serpent jacket.

"You left as well?" Jug says shocked when I join him outside.

"Yep"

"You okay? That fight...he wouldn't have done that if he knew you were pregnant you know" he notes.

"They can't know Jug. It's no Northsider's business. They'll just judge and I don't want that on me, Sweets, the Serpents or my baby" I argue, "Promise Jug, no telling"

"Alright, it's a promise...as long as you promise you'll name it Jughead" he grins.

"You wish" I laugh, wrapping my arm around him.

We both leave the school, Jughead dropping me home and then he goes to the Wyrm. I make myself comfortable on the couch, watching cartoons as I eat popcorn. The door suddenly opens and I look to see FP make his way inside, closing the door behind him.

"Hey, what you doing here?" I ask, seeing he is still in his uniform.

"Think I should be asking you that" he scoffs, "Just visited Jughead, he caught me up. Figured I'd come see how you were. Heard you got a bit roughed today?"

He sits down on the couch beside me, I turn so I am facing him.

"I'm fine. It was nothing" I shrug.

"Yeah but, you've got to remembering that you're pregnant now. Fights aren't what you should be doing. How many weeks now?" he asks.

"Eight" I smile, still in shock I actually have a baby inside of me.

FP smiles in response, making me feel so happy that he's supportive and kind, even though I know this whole situation is really big.

"I'm worried I'll screw this up...that the baby won't like me or will wish they had a better Mum like I did-"

"Hey Casey, you will not screw this up. Your baby isn't going to like you, it's going to love you. And you're going to love he or she so much, you'll be a fantastic mother because it's who you are. You're kind, selfless, and incredibly caring to those you love. You can do this kid" he assures, "And if not, you've got so many people to lean on for help"

"Like you, grandpa?" I tease.

"God I'm too good looking to be a grandpa" he chuckles confidently.

I laugh, hitting him with a pillow playfully. He sighs, getting up and giving me a hug before having to go back to work. Suddenly my phone buzzes, I turn it over to see a text from Jughead that says, 'I've got a plan'.

Three days late after our suspension, it's now Friday and we return to Riverdale High, without our jackets. The Serpents have all gathered into a classroom, me and Jughead standing in front leaning against the teachers desk.

"Welcome to the inaugural meeting of the Swords and Serpents Club" Jughead introduces.

"Which is what, exactly?" Toni chuckles confused.

"Like I told Fogarty to lure him back to dear ol' Riverdale, we are a gaming group.Sanctioned by Mr. Weatherbee, himself. Where like-minded students can meet and concoct world-building, role-playing scenarios, inhabiting fantastical heroes and dispatching mythological creatures"

"No, but really?" she sighs.

"It's a club, for us" I declare.

"A safe haven where we can be Serpents, during school hours and under everyone's noses" Jug continues, "We're not shedding our skins"

"We're lying low, in the tall grass" I smirk, looking to Jug who is also grinning happily at our successful plan.