52

I look into my mirror, straightening my red dress. It has a slit up the side to the top of my thigh, and shows my chest cleavage in a small v-neck with spaghetti string straps. I put on my black heels but once the outfit is together, I feel ugly. Because of the bandages on my wrist.

"What you looking at?"

I turn around and see Fangs standing behind me in his formal suit.

"You look beautiful" he grins.

"No, I don't, Fangs. I look disgusting, my wrists...everyone's going to look straight at the bandages"

"Who cares? Let them see. Casey, you are alive and no matter what anyone says, those bandages are disgusting. They're a sign of your strength"

"Strength?" I scoff, shaking my head.

"Yes, because you're still here" he smiles sadly.

I look to him and nod, taking a deep breath and picking up my phone.

"Let's go Fogarty"

"Sweet Pea is going to loose it when he sees you" he chuckles.

"We aren't together Fangs" I remind him.

"But you're soulmates. I know what he said to you, was unforgivable. But, he was hurting, you were hurting and now you're both trying to get better. You need him as much as he needs you. Stop pushing each other away because you're scared it will happen again. It won't" he declares.

"Let's go"

I sit in Fangs' car frozen as we pull up to the town hall. Taking a deep breath, I open my door and step onto the ground. Fangs walks around to my side and stand's beside me, taking a deep breath.

"You ready?"

"No. But let's do this" I nod.

It feels like everyone is staring at me. I am about to turn around and run as fast as I can, but then my eyes find Sweet Peas. All my anxiety fades, as I watch the handsome, Raven-haired boy make his way up to me. His mouth dropped open.

"You, look beautiful Casey" he gasps.

"Problem! Josie hasn't turned up to sing, and my voice is loosing it, we need someone to perform right now" Veronica rushes scared.

"Me" I blurt, "I can sing"

I watch as a huge grin firms on Sweets' face.

"Hell Yeah she can" he cheers.

"Perfect go on the stage now-"

"Wait, that was stupid I can't. Not on the flipping Northside" I argue, shaking my head.

"Hey" Sweets states, grabbing hold of my shoulders, "Yes, you can. Just sing, and look at me"

I nod. Then take Veronica's hand and let her pull me away to the stage. Quickly telling the band my song, I go and stand in the centre, no one noticing I'm up yet. I take the microphone, and a deep breath. Before beginning to sing 'Without You' (Glee version).

When I finish, I open my eyes to see Sweet Pea in the audience, a huge proud smile on his face. Then to my greatest surprise, everyone claps. See the only people cheering are the Southside kids, and the people in Jugheads Northside group. But everyone is clapping. I smile, jumping down from the stage and then make my way through the crowd to Sweet Pea.

"All I need, is you and I. It's true, Sweet Pea you're the only person I need in this world and without you...I got lost. I love you" I declare.

Instead of saying something in response, he puts his hands on my cheeks, then leans down and placed his lips on mine. We kiss passionately, Fangs howling beside us with a couple other Serpent boys. When we pull away from each other, we both giggle happily, staring into each other's eyes.

"You kissed me" I gasp.

"You kissed back" he smirks.