Chapter 1 [Edited :) ]

Lucy's POV

I was slowly making my way home to my apartment, my bangs covering my eyes and hopefully my tears. My mind kept flashing back to what happened just moments ago, making me want to just start sobbing right here and now.

Flashback

We have come back from the Grand Magic Games a while ago and now everyone had partied for a week straight for our win and our guild back. But for some reason, almost everyone was ignoring me. Only the exceeds and Wendy were around for me nowadays, since Erza was out on a requested mission and Gray was with her. Lissanna and Mira were out as well.

"Hey Lucy! I have to talk to you!!! LUCY!!!" Hearing Natsu yelling to me, I turned around and smiled really wide. It was my birthday, and I was waiting for everyone to start their cheeriness and their 'Ometetou, Lucy!' and 'Happy birthday!' to commence at any moment. Natsu grabbed my hand and dragged me out, smiling wide like an idiot as always.

"Hey, Natsu! W-wait! What is it??" I of course was expecting what he did on my last birthday, which was a surprise gift. Natsu stopped after I said that, but we weren't out of the guild building yet. Natsu looked back at me and smiled wider. Happy was beside him, giving me a sad look for some reason.

"Lucy! You're off the team!! Now Lissanna can take your place and you can go on your own! Isn't that great!!!?" Natsu yelled, making my breath intake stop. Nobody in the guild even looked in our direction, but they still did their own thing cheerfully. My smile was plastered on my face still, out of shock. Natsu then turned around and left cheering his way out. My chest felt like some just made me drink poison and stabbed me with a sword coated in it. I ran after him.

"WHAT? WHY, NATSU?? WHY WAS I KICKED OUT OF THE TEAM???" Natsu stopped and looked back at me, very serious. Now I felt the entire guild's eyes on us, waiting for Natsu to reply I think. Happy somehow disappeared, leaving me alone with everyone else and my pain with Natsu.

"You're the weakest in our team! I have to keep rescuing you from any danger! You always complain about your rent and how much of a mess we make! And you were actually replaced by Lissanna just now, 'cuz I wanted her to join and catch up with me! Now you can be on your own and train!!! You were a replacement for her anyway, so bye!!" With that, he left. I looked after him, then barely wobbled back to my seat. Now everyone else was frowning at me, as if disgusted. I now realized that ever since the Grand Magic Games, everyone has been giving me dirty looks. Yeah, I have noticed but I just waved it away like nothing. I heard yells and screams like "Loser!" and "Weakling" across the room now, and I felt something hit me. Thinking it was it for today, I got up and left with yells and screams still echoing behind me.

End of Flashback

Entering my room, I collapsed into the bed. I held up my arm to cover my face, and thought about what happened again and again. A sob escaped me, and I finally broke down. Tears were finally streaming freely down my cheeks and to my pillows. Thinking up some way to calm down, I went to take a bath. I let the warm water take me in its arm and the bubbles gently caress my cheeks and my tears away. My heart, it hurts! I halfheartedly got out of the bath and got dressed and sat down on my bed. My tears slowly went ahead and began to spill as a sob escaped my lips once again and I laid down, covering my eyes as I wailed loudly. I cried deep into the night, letting this horrible pain in my chest go. I cried until finally I fell asleep 3 hours before morning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It has been a week since I was kicked off the team, and I was packing up my bags, thinking of leaving for awhile. Looking at my hand with the insignia in it, I pursed my lips to try not to cry. I was done with disrespect to me by my own friends. Once the last bag has been packed I took a look around this tiny but memorable room. I slide my fingers gently on the canopy of my  now old bed, and kept to my desk, to the lingering furniture that now seem sad to see me go. I bit into my tongue, holding back another sob as memories flashed into my head like a book. I turned my attention to the desk and got an idea. 'Will.... they beg for me to stay?' I thought and sat down while getting some fresh paper out. I shook my head and sadly stared at the blank sheets of paper as I remembered how this past week has been alone. 'Hmm.... knowing them they will respond to this....' I thought as I smiled and took out my pen to begin writing. After 2 hours, I was finally finished with my work. 'I know who to give these to!' Grinning, I folded the papers and put away my utensils back into their respective bags. I took a big breath and summoned Virgo. "Yes, Ojou-sama?"

"Please take these back into the spirit realm for now until I ask for them, please Virgo?" Virgo seemed to understand without me telling her and disappeared with my bags. Taking one last look around my old room, I stepped out and closed the door.

I took my time getting to the guild, and as I passed more and more guild mates, the more I took notice to their dirty looks and glares until I finally arrived to my destined room. I knocked at his door upon arriving, and heard a "Come in!" from the inside. Hesitantly, I went in. Master Makarov looked up and frowned when he saw my face.

"What is wrong my child? You look awfully tired. Is there anything I can do to help?" Master asked worriedly, stopping from doing his office work. I took a deep breath. 'I can't back down now.....'

"Master, I wish to be discharged temporarily of the guild. I am sick of the treatment of my guild mates since we came back from the Grand Magic Games. I will come back one day, though." Master's eyes went wide with surprise then frowned, clearly disapproving. However, after some though, he nodded.

"A-alright, my child. If it is your honest decision, then I must comply to it. Give me your hand...." He erased my insignia, and mentally I sobbed. Going through my purse, I looked for the letters. "Want me to speak with them?" I shook my head, and took the letters out and handed them over.

"Master, after I leave for exactly 48 hours,I would like for you to read the one labeled Fairy Tail out-loud for them. Also, for those other letters, I want you hand them over once they have realized I am gone. And please, follow along? And....and......" My hands were trembling, and I felt cold. He solemnly nodded after a minute of taking what I was saying in. I stepped up to hug him, which took him by surprise but hugged back. "Please, take care my dear Lucy." I nodded, bowed my head, and took my leave. I half ran down the stairs and started going past the bar when Mira saw me and smiled from ear to ear.

"Good evening, Lucy! Would you like something today?" Hearing someone curse at me, I shook my head and weakly smiled back. There was only a few people who would treat me normally now, Mira being one of them... but with how the situation is I waved goodbye to her, and she gave me a sad smile that turned into complete surprise once she noticed my insignia gone. And with that I turned around and ran out towards the train station, but stopped before getting too far to take a peek back. I saw Natsu and the rest getting along like normal...Gray showing Juvia some ice magic.... Elsa talking happily with Wendy and Carla.

I pursed my lips and turned back around to continue forward. Took a bit of a walk but, I got to the train station. Ok! I walked up and bought a ticket to my destination, but as soon as I stepped out of the ticket line, a hooded figure stopped in front of me, grabbing my attention. It was clearly a woman, her shapely figure being slightly hinted at from beneath the cloak she is using to cover her body and a hood that covered her face. She was slightly taller than me, maybe by an inch or two. Suddenly, she spoke, "Are you Miss... Lucy Heartfilia by any chance?" I took a step back, towards the train and the crowd of people. ' She seems... dangerous...' Hiding my growing fear, knowing hooded people or people who generally try to disguise/hide their face are dangerous folk that I should not converse with. 'But for some reason... the aura she gives off is a bit....' Before I could finish that thought she lashed out. No!

To be continued....