Chapter Forty-One: My Family

Daniella smiled as she watched Henri sleeping, she pressed a small kiss to the top of his head as she walked into the nursery and prepared to put him down.

The last few days had been wonderful and Daniella wouldn’t have changed them for the world, she had been so focused on her new life that nothing else had mattered to her

. Of course, she’d had to make up some lies to Victoria and Zoey who were worried about her after she had just disappeared; she had told them that Gerard had whisked her away on a romantic holiday.

Gerard smiled as he watched his mate and son, it had only been a week since the little boy had been born and already he’d had a big impact on his parents’ lives; they couldn’t publically announce his birth at least not yet.

They had only been together for five months and while the supernatural community would be okay with the quick arrival of Henri; the human one wouldn’t.

Gerard did feel guilty that Daniella couldn’t share any of this with her friends, they were human and wouldn’t understand how Henri had been born in twenty weeks instead of forty.

“Sweet dreams,” Daniella whispered as she carefully put Henri down in his cot, she smiled at her son; she still didn’t believe that he was hers, he was so perfect.

Gerard chuckled as he walked over to his mate and wrapped his arms around her, Henri looked so adorable in his blue sleep suit; it was all still new to both of them.

“Come back to bed,” Gerard murmured as he pressed a kiss to Daniella’s neck, she was wearing her light grey chemise nightie and he couldn’t help but wrap his arms around her waist.

Daniella nodded her head as she smiled at Gerard, she couldn’t believe how lucky she was to have both of them.

***

Gerard yawned as Henri’s cries echoed over the baby monitor, he smiled as he glanced at Daniella who was sound asleep at his side; he pressed a kiss to her shoulder before he rolled out of bed.

The vampire didn’t waste a moment before he headed out of the master bedroom and into the nursery next door, he didn’t want Henri waking Daniella when his father could handle this.

Gerard smiled softly at the sight of his little boy, he carefully picked Henri up and tried to settle him; he was definitely a mummy’s boy and Gerard felt a little put out about that fact.

“It’s okay papa has got you,” Gerard whispered as he bounced the little boy in his arms before quietly heading for the kitchen to give Henri his bottle; he was currently taking pumped breast milk with a little blood added to it since he wasn’t completely vampire or human.

“Let’s not wake your mama up… she deserves to rest,” Gerard murmured as he warmed up the bottle, his blue eyes catching the sun slowly rising as it started to rise.

It was still very early morning and with it being the middle of April, the sun rise looked beautiful and Gerard knew that in a couple of months he would be marrying Daniella.

Henri whimpered making Gerard look down at him as he checked the temperature of the bottle before he sat in the living room to feed him.

Gerard smiled softly as Henri sulked on the bottle, the morning was peaceful and it allowed him to think without interruptions; he couldn’t believe how much his life had really changed in the past few months.

Gerard had never considered that he would have his mate and son, he had thought all of this was lost to him after Catharine had been executed.

“Geri,” Daniella murmured as she stepped into the living room, her brown eyes watching him as she wrapped her blue star print dressing gown around her; she could sense that something was bothering him.

Daniella padded across the room and carefully sat down beside her mate, she watched him concerned as he continued to feed Henri; her brown eyes searching his face.

“It’s nothing… just thinking about how lucky I am,” Gerard said as Henri slowly finished his bottle, he watched the little boy as he smiled fondly; he had never thought that he would have a child let alone a son.

“He’s perfect,” Gerard whispered as he carefully handed Henri to Daniella, the little boy getting fussy about the fact that he wanted his mother.

Daniella smiled as she nodded her head, she cuddled Henri close to her; he snuggled into her arms as Gerard watched them closely; they were his family and he would kill anyone that tried to take them from him.

“We’re safe Gerard,” Daniella whispered as she pressed a kiss to his lips, she was still adjusting to being a vampire and the connection that came from their mating.

Gerard nodded his head as he smiled, he could sense that something was coming and he wanted to be prepared; he would die before anyone hurt Daniella or Henri.

***

Daniella carefully climbed out of bed and smiled as she looked over at Gerard who was cuddling Henri gently as he slept; the brunette chuckled as she watched them sleeping peacefully.

Daniella sighed happily as she quietly left the two sleeping and headed out of the bedroom to make some breakfast, she brushed some hair from her face as she moved towards the kitchen before the doorbell rang.

Daniella paused as she closed her dressing gown and glanced at the clock wondering who it could be; they weren’t expecting visitors and anyone from the coven would have called first.

The brunette swallowed thickly as she quietly made her way towards the front door, she peeked towards the bedroom wondering if the sound of the doorbell had woken Gerard.

Daniella didn’t have to wait to find out as her mate appeared and he looked far from pleased, she paused as he nodded towards the bedroom where Henri was.

Gerard had been very territorial recently and from what Cristina had told Daniella it was a normal that he would get that way now that he had her and Henri in his life.

Daniella had seen the same happen with David and Patricia when their son Luca had been born and Cesc would be the same when Carla had their baby.

Gerard moved to answer the door, a growl forming in his throat as Daniella hovered in the small corridor that led to their bedroom; she didn’t want to wander off too fair in case there was trouble.

Gerard pulled the door open and snarled warningly at the two vampires that were stood outside of his apartment; he wasn’t in the mood for visitors no matter who they were.

“Lord Bernabeu… it’s a pleasure to see you again,” Amelia said with a smile, she eyed her daughter’s mate as he growled at her and Caius; she was pleased to see how protective he was of Daniella and their newborn child.

Gerard swallowed back his growl at the warning look that Caius offered him, there was no point starting a fight with his future in-laws.

Stepping aside to allow Amelia and Caius inside, Gerard tried to calm himself; they weren’t a threat to his family and they were only here to see their grandson.

Daniella stepped out from her hiding place and offered a wary look to Gerard, she wasn’t sure why her parents were here but it had to be important if they had come to her home this early in the morning.