Chapter Eight: Night Time Visitor

Gerard paced around his apartment in the centre of Barcelona, although he had a house which lay just outside of the city; he couldn’t bring himself to return to it after the news he had received from Pep.

The vampire snarled at the thought that Sandro had done something to his Catharine, the woman that was the love of his existence.

Gerard knew that there was no way that his coven mates would lie to him about something like this, they knew how he felt about the brunette and wouldn’t lie about this.

The vampire wasn’t sure what to make with the knowledge that Catharine was alive even if she seemed to have no memory of what had transpired before and now seemed to have a new name and identity.

Taking a calming breath, Gerard couldn’t stop wondering where she lived; he would do anything to see her for himself so that he could decide what he wanted to next.

Gerard licked her lips as he pulled his mobile from his pocket, pausing for a second he thought about how he could ask for what he wanted; taking a deep breath, he dialled the number and pressed the phone to his ear.

“Hola Pep… I need her address, I need to see her for myself,” Gerard said as he called his close friend and coven leader; the Spaniard leaned against the door as he ran a hand through his hair, he knew that when he saw the brunette it was going to make things difficult.

It didn't take another moment before Pep was reading back the address to Gerard; Pep had known that as soon as Gerard learnt about the brunette that he would want to see her for himself.

“Gracias,” Gerard said he was thankful that the brunette didn't live too far from his apartment; ending the call, the vampire left his home wondering what the night would hold for him.

***

Daniella smiled as she stroked the head of her cat as she curled up on her bed, the brunette sighed as the cat clambered up onto her lap and purred as she looked up at her as if knowing something that she didn't.

“Hola Midnight… did you miss me?” Daniella cooed at the cat that meowed in response, as she rubbed her head up the side of the Daniella’s hand; the cat rested on her lap as she allowed her own to stroke her.

The brunette was dressed in her cream crochet trim vest and shorts set for bed since it was a little warm; the woman sighed as she thought about her day at work, she didn't know what it was but there was clearly something going on at the club.

Sandro had hovered around her after Lionel had left as if he was waiting for something to happen, even though nothing did; Daniella had asked if there was something that he wanted but Sandro just shook his head and smirked, stating that everything was fine.

“Why are men so weird?” the brunette asked her cat who stared up at her and meowed in response as she brushed her head against Daniella’s hand wanting to be stroked again, the brunette rolled her eyes when she felt the hairs on the back of her neck stand up.

Daniella shivered lightly as she glanced behind her with a frown at the feeling that someone was watching her, she didn't know what was going on but she had a feeling that she wasn’t alone anymore.

The brunette sighed as she shook her head before gently lifting Midnight off of her lap and setting her onto the bed next to her; the cat watched her as Daniella climbed under the covers and settled herself into bed for the night before she turned off her bedside light.

It didn't take long for Daniella to fall asleep and as soon as she did a shadow slipped into her bedroom through her balcony doors; the person stared at her for a moment before carefully approaching the brunette.

Gerard stared at her as he watched the brunette sleep, there was no doubting that somehow this was Catharine; he didn't know how Sandro had done it but the vampire wasn’t going to let anything happen to her.

Midnight hissed as the vampire moved closer to the brunette, the cat watched him as he stopped and sighed annoyed; he wished that he had expected some sort of magical being to be watching over his mate.

“I’m not going to hurt her,” he said making Midnight flick her tail as she watched him before nodding at the footballer as if understanding what he had said.

Gerard smiled as he turned his attention back to Daniella, she was more beautiful than he remembered; he knew that he would have to involve himself into her life again, he needed to have her.

The vampire wouldn’t risk losing someone again, not like how he had lost Catharine; if this was his second chance then he would take it, nothing would take her from him this time.

***

Gerard watched her sleep, he was content with just this for now but he knew that sooner or later that he would want more from her; he just hoped that when the time came that she would be comfortable with him.

Licking his lips, Gerard glanced at the clock at her bedside that read six-fifteen; he knew that he would have to leave soon before the sun rose and she awoke, he didn't want to scare her off.

The vampire glanced at Midnight who was curled up at the brunette’s feet asleep; Gerard sighed as he gently brushed some hair from Daniella’s face before he pressed his lips to her head for a moment to leave his scent on her in some way.

Midnight looked at him as he left his scent on the brunette, hoping that it would be enough to deter whatever Sandro had planned for her until he could protect her properly; he knew that the other vampire was a threat to Daniella.

“I’ll see you soon,” Gerard murmured as he watched Daniella for another moment, he sighed knowing that today would be different; he would introduce himself today and find a reason to get even closer to her.

As Daniella slowly started to stir, Gerard watched her for a moment before he disappeared out of her balcony doors so that she didn't see him; he knew that in due time that he wouldn’t have to leave her at all.

Daniella yawned and stretched as she woke up; she didn't know what it was but she’d had the best night’s sleep in a long time, she hadn’t found herself having strange dreams about a man that she had never met or a life she had never lived.

“Mañana Midnight,” Daniella said softly as she stroked her cat who purred at her as she climbed out of bed, she paused for a moment as she looked over at her balcony doors with a frown.

The brunette shook her head as she pulled on her sky blue star print dressing gown; shivering slightly at the cool morning air.

Daniella moved towards the balcony doors and looked outside; she sighed and shook her head after a moment before she headed to the shower to prepare for the day ahead of her.

Midnight watched her owner headed into the bathroom before the cat glanced at the balcony doors knowing that the vampire would still be around watching over Daniella.