Chapter Nineteen: Spending Time Apart

Daniella sighed as she watched Gerard and the rest of the team warm up for their upcoming match; it had been two weeks since Daniella had realised that Gerard was a vampire.

Lionel had returned to training with his new coven-mates, though Pep was careful that he didn't get too close to his human team-mates since he still had the occasional blood lust of a newborn.

Daniella was wearing a coral jacquard 3/4 sleeve top and black stretch bootcut trousers paired with black pointed faux suede stilettos for work that day; she had bought them when she’d been shopping as she tried to sort out her feelings for Gerard.

Brushing some of her brown hair out of her eyes, Daniella furrowed her brow as she spotted another brunette sat a little away from her watching her.

The woman offered Daniella a small smile before she turned her attention back to the practice, Sandro pursed his lips as he watched the team for a moment more before he pushed himself to his feet and walked away.

Daniella bit her lip, she knew this meant that she’d have to go and see Pep for the list of players for the game tomorrow; it also meant that there was a chance that she would bump into Gerard.

Daniella had avoided the vampire to the best of her ability after he had dropped her off at her apartment; Daniella knew that it was pointless, that her heart had already made the decision for her but she wanted to try and live without him.

“Excuse me,” said a voice making Daniella jump before she realised that it was the woman that had been staring at her; the woman pushed her glasses up her nose and offered Daniella a smile.

“I’m Katie Summers, I’m a friend of Cesc’s from London,” the other brunette said making Daniella nod as Katie sat down next to her; Katie smiled hoping that Cesc’s plan worked.

“I’m Daniella Franca,” Daniella said introducing herself making a smile form on Katie’s face making her feel uncomfortable; Katie looked at the pitch nervously as the team started to warm down.

“I’ve heard all about you from Cesc, he says that you and Geri are dating,” Katie said innocently making Daniella swallow as she looked at the other brunette, who was still watching the team warm down.

Daniella wondered how much the woman next to her knew about Cesc and Gerard, she didn't want to ask her straight out if she knew they were vampires.

“Listen… if you ever need to talk just give me a call,” Katie said as she handed Daniella a piece of paper with her number on it, the brunette took it from her and looked at Katie confused but the other brunette was already walking down the steps of the bleachers and towards Cesc and David, who were waiting for her.

***

Gerard smiled softly as he spotted Daniella walking down the corridor away from Pep’s office at the training ground; he hadn’t seen her in days since she had taken to avoiding him.

“Dani,” the vampire murmured making her stop walking and look at him, she shifted nervously as she felt the sharp tug of her heart as her brown eyes met his blue ones.

“I’ve missed you,” Gerard said as he stepped towards Daniella, he was relieved that she didn't back away from him and allowed him to pull her to him.

The brunette closed her eyes as she felt him hold her close, she hadn’t been sleeping properly since she had been avoiding Gerard and she knew that he could sense it.

“I’m okay,” Daniella whispered making the vampire sigh as he looked down at her, he could feel how drained she was from being away from him through their bond.

Stepping away from Gerard, the brunette brushed some hair out of her eyes and smiled at him as she looked at him; she had missed him more than she wanted to admit.

“Have dinner with me tonight? Let me show you that I can do all that normal stuff that you want,” Gerard said making Daniella swallow as she looked at him.

Daniella paused for a moment as she tried to find it in her to say no but she couldn't, she had missed Gerard more than anything and as soon as he had held her; the brunette knew that there had to be a way for them to work out.

“Okay,” Daniella said softly making Gerard smile as he kissed her softly, however the two were interrupted when her mobile phone started to ring.

“Jonathon?” Daniella asked wondering why her older brother had called her while she was at work, however it was the tone of his reply that worried her.

“Slow down… what happened?” Daniella asked as she spotted Gerard step closer to her; but the brunette wasn’t expecting what happened next; the brunette nearly dropped her mobile at her brother’s words, she couldn't believe what she was hearing.

“Is Rosalyn okay?” she asked softly as Gerard wrapped his arms around her as he attempted to comfort her, Daniella nodded as she listened to her brother speak.

“I’ll be right there,” she said before ending the call and looking at Gerard who looked at her concerned; Daniella blinked back tears as he watched her concerned.

“My Padre’s been attacked… Jonathon says it looked like something tried to rip out his throat,” Daniella whispered making Gerard look at her concerned, they both knew that only a vampire was capable of doing such a thing.

“Corazón, whoever did this…?” Gerard said as he attempted to comfort her but Daniella stepped away from him and shook her head; her father was in hospital fighting for his life because of her.

The vampire whined softly as he realised that he was losing his mate again after only just getting her back; Daniella blinked back tears as she tried to gather her thoughts.

“I’m sorry… I can’t Gerard,” the brunette said before she walked away leaving him behind, Gerard watched her leave; he would murder the vampire that had done this.

***

“Gracias for coming again Katie,” Cesc said as he smiled down at the brunette, who was sat next to them; Katie nodded as she sipped on her drink and turned to face the Spaniard.

“It’s not a problem… besides Gerard’s going to need all the help he can get,” the brunette teased, making Cesc chuckle and nod; he knew that it had been difficult for Gerard to be away from Daniella.

Katie was a friend of Cesc's from his days in London when he had played for Arsenal and she had been saved by him from a newly turned vampire that had lost control.

Cesc had thought that Daniella would be more accepting of Gerard if she had someone like her to talk to about the fact that she was dating a vampire.

Katie had been only too willing to help since she knew what it was like being thrown head first into the supernatural world and she knew that Daniella would need someone to talk to.

“So what have I missed?” Katie asked as she looked at Cesc, who grinned; he had missed his human friend while she had been away working on her next novel.

“Not much… but you need to be careful around Leo, he’s only two weeks old,” Cesc warned her making Katie nod as she looked at him curiously, making him sigh before he slowly started to explain why Lionel had been turned.