Chapter Twenty-Six: Meeting Vampire Royalty

Gerard held his mate close as they walked through Castell Cartoixa de Vallparadis, he knew that the royal family wouldn’t hesitate to hurt Daniella if they got the chance and he wasn’t going to give them that.

Daniella glanced around nervously as she looked between the vampires that seemed to have gathered to watch this; she didn't like the amount of attention that she was getting and neither did Gerard.

The brunette had decided to wear a grey floral print T-shirt and black slim boot cut jeans paired with faux suede shoe boots so that she was prepared for anything that might be thrown her way.

Adrian smirked as he greeted them outside of the court room; his eyes lingering on Daniella for a moment to long before he looked at Lionel and Katie, causing him to wrinkle his nose in disgust.

The couple hadn't come alone to the palace knowing that it would be a mistake to stand alone against Gerard’s aunt and uncle, the entire coven had decided to stand together no matter what the outcome would be.

Pep and Cristina didn't want to lose any of their coven members over this; they knew that there couldn't be any weaknesses in their coven when they stood before the royal family.

Adrian turned on his heel and waved his hand causing the doors to be pulled open.

“Presenting the Barcelona Coven and Lord Bernabeu,” called the vampire next to the door which made the entire gathered audience fall silent, they all looked at those who had been brought to stand trial again before the royal family.

Daniella felt Gerard take her hand in comfort; he knew what stepping into the court room would do to her, the last time that she had been here she had been sentenced to death.

“Let’s get this over with,” Cesc mumbled making Pep nod as he walked forward and led his coven inside, his eyes focused on the King and Queen of the European vampire realm.

Katie and Daniella cuddled close to their mates as they heard the whispers fill the room; this wasn’t going to end well and they all seemed to sense it.

“Your Highnesses,” Pep said as he bowed his head slightly as Cristina moved closer to him; if this was how it all ended, then she wanted to be closer to her mate so that she could be with him when their fate was decided.

Princess Liliana stared at Daniella in shock, she never expected to see her friend or maid ever again, yet here she stood very much alive; she wasn’t sure how Gerard had done it but she knew that it would only anger her parents more.

“How is this possible… we all saw her hang,” Prince Viktor snarled furiously as he pushed himself out of his seat and approached Daniella causing Gerard to snarl at him warningly; he didn't care if the prince was his cousin, he wouldn’t hesitate to kill him.

Daniella shifted closer to Gerard as Viktor stared enraged at his cousin, he didn't know what it was but he wanted Gerard to suffer again; he hated Gerard with a passion and he wanted him to suffer.

Afron pushed himself to his feet and moved forward, resting a hand on his son’s shoulder before he told him to take his place again as Queen Gabriella moved gracefully to stand beside her husband.

Gabriella approached Gerard carefully as the court feel silent; she rarely got involved in court matters and to see her get involved made the court wonder what was going on, she ignored the look of disapproval that her husband had on his face.

“May I?” Gabriella asked as she offered her hand to the human, it was widely known that the Queen and Princess were gifted but it was rare for them to use them in public.

Gerard stiffened as he watched his Aunt; he knew that if there was a chance for them to escape this all alive, then this was it.

Daniella stepped forward slightly away from Gerard, who hissed gently in warning as the brunette took her hand making the vampiress smile before she started to search through her memories.

The brunette clamped her brown eyes shut in pain as Gabriella started to search through her memories.

Katie watched her friend in fear wondering what the vampiress was doing to her while Lionel held her close; he didn't like what was happening and it scared him.

It was another two minutes before Gabriella released Daniella, her blonde head tilted in interest about her nephew and his human mate; Gerard wrapped his arms around Daniella as her legs gave way and she started to breath heavily.

“My Queen?” Afron asked as he moved to her side, he had never seen her so intrigued with a human before; Gabriella smiled slightly as she turned to her mate in awe while Gerard glared at her as he settled Daniella on the floor allowing her to rest slightly.

“Reincarnation and the wonders that it creates is before us, My King,” Gabriella said making her husband and son turn and look at Gerard and Daniella, Adrian stared at the couple in disgust; he couldn't believe what he was hearing.

Adrian had expected for them to just execute the brunette when she arrived like they did last time; he had trusted Sierra with the information that she had given him and he had hoped that the red head’s information would have been enough.

Liliana moved towards her mother in interest, there was only one other case of this in history and that was the creator and his mate; no one had ever thought that it was possible again and yet Gerard had somehow managed it.

“How is this possible?” Afron asked as he stared down at Gerard and Daniella, he watched as his nephew cared for his mate as she recovered from Gabriella’s tactile telepathy; he knew that this was something to do with Daniella’s heritage and he hoped to keep that information quiet.

Pep watched as Carla and Cesc moved to block the Royal Family’s view of the couple, it was bad enough that they had brought them here and the Queen had read Daniella’s thoughts; they didn't need to see the couple while they were having a private moment.

“We aren’t sure,” Pep admitted as Gabriella looked at Lionel and Katie, if they couldn't blackmail the coven for Daniella; then Katie would be there next shot at getting what they wanted.

David and Patricia moved close to their coven mates, they knew that they had been brought here for another reason than had been stated.

“The question now is what do we do with you… this coven not only had one human mate, but two; something that we cannot allow,” Afron said making Viktor smirk as he took his place on his throne, his sister frowned as she looked at their father wondering what he was up to, it was clear that Afron was hiding something and she wanted to know what.

Gerard carefully helped Daniella to her feet, he knew that this was their moment of judgment and there was no way to escape it; Gabriella moved herself and her daughter back to the throne, she knew what her husband planned and hoped that it wouldn’t end without bloodshed.

“Kill both of the humans.” Afron ordered the enforcer that was stood close to him, the vampire nodded at his eyes focused first on Daniella then on Katie. The Barcelona Coven tensed as they prepared for the assault but no one was prepared for what would happened next.