Chapter 19 - Eleanor

Goddess, the way he looked at me.

My mate was attracted to me! His eyes ran up and down my body as I sat on his desk completely nude. I was nervous, anxious, and everything in between, but watching his eyes roam over my body calmed me down. My mate liked what he saw.

I'd thought, for once, I had made my Alpha mate happy. I was wrong.

It seemed like he changed his mind when seconds later, he stood, looked away from me, and held his hand out.

I took his hand and when I realized he was intending to take me somewhere, my body began to tremble. Several confusing looks passed over Alpha's face before he stripped off his shirt and held it out for me. I felt a blush creep onto my cheeks as I looked at him for permission, pausing to put it on when he nodded.

He lead me to his room and motioned for me to take a seat on his bed. I looked up, and watching the disgruntled look on his face, I felt the need to apologize. "I'm sorry, Alpha."

He grunted, but responded, "It's fine. Sit on the bed while I go find Ana." He left the room quickly and silently, leaving me to sit in a room filled with only my thoughts.

I heard yelling and I shivered being on the other end of Alpha's anger. I would be punished more than ever.

A female voice screamed back, and another male voice joined the fight. I shivered. Just a few seconds later all was quiet, and I let my body drop in relief as I heard footsteps nearing the door. Never slowing down, someone pushed open the door and I felt myself get dizzy as I scrambled to my feet.

Had Alpha been unable to find Ana? He stared at me, standing in the doorway in jeans and no shirt, and I found myself becoming distracted. His lips turned down.

"Take off your shirt," he commanded, and I froze. Lowering my head in submission, I felt the burning sensation of tears filling my eyes as I tried to keep them at bay.

What had I done to receive a punishment?

I quickly slipped the shirt off of my body, and stood there shivering. He closed his eyes and barked, "No!"

I stood, shivering, watching him clench his eyes tightly shut. He gave a small whimper, then covered it up with a groan.

"Pit it back on, now." I slid the t-shirt on my body silently and took the time to stare at my mate. He was perfect. My gazing only lasted a few seconds because his eyes began to flicker and opened. I moved my line of eyesight to the floor as quick as I could.

Was he going to punish me? Why did he sound so angry that the shirt was off when he was the one that commanded it?

I became very confused as I felt his heating gaze all over my body. He took a step forward and stopped, clenching his fists as though he was forcing himself not to do something. A grimace covered his face before quickly being covered up with a snarl.

"Would you have done that if anyone commanded it?" His voice came out deeper and his eyes were wider than normal. Didn't he already know the answer?

"I listen to my superiors, Alpha."

He began to growl, and took a step away from me. It looked like he was slowly inching towards the door. Did he really dislike me that much?

"You no longer have any superiors. Understand?" His tone was hard, and his eyes kept flickering between me and the door. I shook my head.

"You are now equal to everyone else. Do not listen to anyone else. Is that understood?" I could feel frustration rolling off of him in waves, so I nodded quickly.

"Good," he said. As soon as the conversation was finished, he paced out the door and slammed it shut behind him.

Just a few seconds later Ana was rushing into the room in a worried fashion.

"Are you okay? Did he hurt you?" Her eyes were scanning up and down my body as she began firing questions at me.

I began to soothe her. "I'm alright, Ana," I promised, but she didn't seem to believe me. As proof, she lifted up my shaking hand and shoved it into my face.

"You're shaking! What happened, Eleanor?" I shook my head, ignoring the question. A look of surprise came over her face, then a large grin. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"Let's go, Jackson is making food and I think you deserve a nice hot meal right about now."

As we sat at the table devouring the delicious meal Jackson had made, my thoughts wandered back to the office. Alpha's office.

"Eleanor?" I blinked and I was back in the dining room, sighing in disappointment. Ana gave me a wink and stood, grabbed Jackson's arm, and headed towards the kitchen.

I pushed back my chair and began to gather all of the leftover food from the table, along with my plate.

"Stop," came a deep rumble from across the room. My body froze, severely plates and bowls in my hand. Footsteps sounded in the almost completely silent room, heading straight at the table. Without making a sound, Alpha took two bowls of food from my hand and set them down on the table.

I watched in surprise as Alpha walked around me and slowly sat down at the head of the table. His head turned left, then right, assuring himself that no one was around to watch.

Why did he look so uncomfortable?

"Sit," he commanded. I quickly dropped the bowls onto the table and sat back down, my eyes wide and head low in submission.

He reached for a bowl near me, pulling it towards him. His eyes never left the food as he scooped some of the green beans onto his plate. Alpha reached for the meat next, picking up two large steaks and setting them on top of one another on his plate.

While he was somewhat distracted, I let my eyes wander over his face. His lips unconsciously poked out form his lips in concentration, then licked them as if anticipating the taste of the food. I heard a distinct clinking noise, then moved my eyes to look at his only to find he was staring at me.

"I'm sorry, Alpha," I gasped, I shouldn't have looked at him in the first place. He grunted. "It's fine. Eat."

I winced, but picked up a fork and picked at the scraps I had left on my plate earlier. The sounds of slurping and chewing filled my ears and I rolled my eyes that were facing the table.

"Why are you not eating?" His voice was cold, and he never looked up from his plate. Alpha continued to slurp and chew loudly as he asked the question.

"I ate earlier, Alpha. With Jackson and Ana. He was the one who made this meal." My voice came out quiet and timid, and similar to him, I never looked up.

"Look at me," he commanded coldly. Immediately my eyes snapped up and met his. They were intimidating and caused chills to run down my spine. I shivered.

He seemed to be feeling something as well, I watched his nostrils flare and he huffed out a breath. A few seconds later he looked back down at his food as if nothing happened.

I sighed.

"Is there something you'd like to say to me, Eleanor?" His mocking tone and cold gaze made me want to cry.

"No, Alpha," I said quietly. I could sense his strong glare.

"Are you sure, girl? Don't waste my time. Speak up," his voice was strong, loud, and cold as he spoke to me.

"Fine, Alpha. You chew too loudly, your slurp your drink, and you're extremely rude to not only me, but your entire pack!" By the end of my short rant, my voice had raised to a high level that most would consider to be disrespectful.

He snarled. "Don't insult your Alpha." I gasped at what I had said and what I was about to say. My shoulders slumped in resignation as I mentally prepared for the consequences that would come.

"There's no reason to be an ass, Alpha, especially to your mate."