Chapter 2 - Leonidas

*1 year later*

"Alpha, your brother's mate is on her way. Shall I stop her?" I growled. I knew what this was about. "Leave it. I'll deal with her." Ana, along with everyone else in my pack knew I hated to be interrupted. She was just going to bother me like mates do, one of the reasons why I don't want one. Ever.

"Why are you not getting dressed?" Ana stormed into the room. "You have a meeting with the Dark Wolves pack to find your mate, remember?"

"I'm not going Ana, I've told you several times I do not want a mate. I do not need anyone to weaken me, my enemies will take advantage of that. I won't let that happen to my pack." I felt my gaze soften after she flinched. 

"You know how I feel about that pack, Leonidas. They treat the women like they're dirt, and if Jackson hadn't found me then-" I grabbed her shoulders. "I know, you wouldn't be alive. I just don't want a mate Ana, you're going to have to deal with it."

With tears streaming down her face, she stomped out of my office, slamming the door behind her. Sitting back in my chair I grabbed the papers and started to work. "Leonidas you better let me in or we are going to have major problems." Growling, I threw the papers across the room. I was already pissed off and it was only nine o'clock in the morning.

"This is exactly why I don't want a mate Jackson, you are only helping prove my point."

He pushed me through the doorway and slammed the door behind him. "Just because you're a vicious monster, doesn't mean you treat my mate like dirt underneath your shoe." I gripped his neck in my hand and lifted him up off the floor. His eyes were flashing back and forth to his wolf's eyes, and I knew right then and there that having a mate would only cause more problems that I didn't need.

"Though you are my little brother I am your Alpha and you will respect me. Understood?" Growling, he nodded and I dropped him onto the floor. He scrambled up and stormed out of the room just like his mate, slamming the door behind him. I needed a run.

My wolf took control, shifting before we even made it out of the house. He was snarling as he sprinted through the forest, stopping when he reached territory lines. Patrol was jogging by when he stopped, sniffing the ground for any intruders. I snarled. They glanced up, eyes wide in surprise, and bowed.

Leave. Now. Their wolves slinked away, glancing back at me every now and then until they were out of sight. I sprinted around the border for the rest of the night, my wolf getting all of his anger out.

Jackson was in the kitchen the next morning waiting for me. "I know you don't mind the fact that you're nude, but I would rather my mate not see another man like that." Muttering under my breath I slipped some shorts on before grabbing a beer. Looking at my little brother I furrowed my eyebrows when I realized the bruise on his neck from my hand was still there. Had I gripped him that hard?

"Hm." Shaking my head when I realized I was staring at him, I cleared my throat and turned away. "What do you want Jackson?" I muttered with a bored tone. I was in no mood to deal with my brother, but then again, I never was.

 "Nothing, nothing. Just noticed the look of guilt when you saw my throat and knew Ana was right." I turned. "Right about what?"

He smiled. "You do have a heart somewhere deep inside of you. These aren't bruises, Ana did this to me with her make up. The bruises you gave me healed instantly."

I sighed. "I really could care less Jackson, why are you bothering me in the kitchen this late at night?" He glared at me before standing up. He grabbed a towel and got it wet, wiping the make up off of his neck.