Chapter 36 - Leonidas

I thought she'd forgive me as soon as I told her why I did what I did, but now that I was thinking about it, I understood. I deserved it. She was no longer mad, she said, but it would take a bit of time for her to forgive me. To be honest, I didn't know if I could forgive myself.

"I really, really like this house, Leonidas," she said with a smile, and I tried—and failed— to keep one off of my own. My hard work was worth more than I could have imagined when I first started to build it.

Is this what being happy feels like?

"Thank you," I muttered, a little embarrassed. I felt like a child thanking someone for giving them food or washing them. "I worked hard on it."

"I can tell. It's beautiful."

I didn't know what to do now. I was glad she'd liked the house, as it had become my pride and joy, but I had no clue what we were supposed to do after this.

Silence ensued, neither of us seeming to know how to act towards each other.

"Leonidas..."

"Leo, please. I've started to let Jackson and Ana call me Leo, you should to," I said softly. She smiled, and my wolf sent his feelings of joy through our bond.

"I just," She cleared her throat, "to be honest, I don't know how to act right now, or what to do. None of us had parents that were normal mates."

It was true, and I hadn't thought of it that way. We stood in silence for a few more moments before an idea came to my mind.

"We could ask someone else?" I voiced in a small tone. I didn't know what she did and didn't want to do, so I was nervous she would just leave. I couldn't let her leave, not again.

"That's a great idea!" I winced as her normal, quiet voice turned into a shriek. She gave me a regretful smile. "We can ask Jackson and Ana!"

"I don't know if they'd be the best example, maybe we could find someone else in the pack." While I did want to ask someone for help with Eleanor, I didn't want to talk to Councilman Harry. I couldn't figure out why. What was I scared of?

"Don't be silly, Leonidas. We are very close to them, it would be easier to ask them that hard questions." She had me there, but I still wasn't happy about it.

"Fine. Lead the way." I muttered, motioning to the front door. She was far, far more confident than the girl I had met weeks ago... she'd gotten so much better after her father.

I hadn't paid much attention to her physical form when she was here a month ago. She'd gotten fuller... thicker... and I definitely wasn't going to be one to complain. My wolf began to pant in the back of my mind, and I knew I had to stop this train of thought before I ended up somewhere I wouldn't be able to return from.

"What are you thinking about?" Eleanor asked, "You're so deep in thought." After her sentence came a giggle, and I actually had to stop walking.

This?

These feelings were what I had been missing out on?

I sighed, and continued to follow her. Wolf form would have been faster, but I was too nervous to ask if she had learned to shift with the Council.

"Leonidas?"

Right. She had asked me a question.

"I never apologized for what happened with your father," I said, looking ahead instead of at her as I spoke.