Chapter 11 - Eleanor

Happy holidays fellow readers! I promised myself I wouldn't upload a single chapter until this book was finished being written, but writing has been a little difficult lately! Because it's the holiday season, I would like to give you all a gift! Here's Chapter 11 of Leonidas! Enjoy!

----------------------------------------

I knew he didn't want to be bothered. It was clear I was supposed to leave him alone, but I didn't know where I was supposed to go or what I had to do. Ana was going to show me until she had challenged the Alpha, causing her to spend a week in the cells.

He was already in a bad mood because of that and the fact that Jackson had also challenged him. I would never challenge my Alpha, and I was hoping that he wouldn't think I was challenging him if I was asking a question.

Despite my attempt to appear as submissive as possible, it seemed as though his mood had worsened once he'd caught sight of me. Alpha let out a low growl and he strode up the stairs and towards me.

I took a step back once he'd reach the top and finally gained the courage to ask him a question.

"A-Alpha? I was wondering where I'd be staying tonight. Ana said she would be showing me, but I assume that is no longer happening."

I stood silently, my head bowed, and waited for a response. My eyes widened and I gasped quietly; I had forgotten to ask permission to speak.

I looked back up at him with fear, mentally bracing myself for my punishment. I heard his growl and jumped a little but desperately tried to scale back my fear. His hand twisted in a follow-me motion, and I quietly stepped behind him.

It was quite a long walk to where I was staying, but all of this trouble was worth it when Alpha opened the door. He gave me a small push in, and as I took in my surroundings I was filled with gratefulness. This room was huge!

I had completely forgotten Alpha was there, so I turned and gave him a small bow just before the door shut. I swiveled back around to face the room and my mouth opened in awe; it even had a large closet, not that I could hang anything in there right now.

A frown took over my face as I remembered that I had borrowed clothes from Ana – how was I supposed to return these and maybe ask for new some more clothing? I shook my head and didn't let the bad thoughts get my mood down.

Letting my slightly more childish side out, I squealed and jumped onto the large bed. It could fit my entire body, and had a little more room! There was a nightstand with a lamp on it, and I let my fingers stroke the shade as I stared on in awe.

After calming myself down I slipped into bed, still wearing Ana's clothes, and turned the lamp off. The room was filled with darkness but for once I wasn't filled with fear; then again, I haven't gotten to know the pack or Alpha very well.

I drifted off into sleep, waking up a few hours later when my mental alarm clock went off. I had been using an actual one for so long that it had been ingrained in my head. I predicted it to be about four o'clock in the morning, so I fixed my slightly wrinkled clothes and got to work.

I needed to make a good impression on this pack; I didn't want to go back or be kicked out and become a rogue. It wasn't too difficult to familiarize myself with the kitchen and quickly locate all of the ingredients and supplies I would need to feed the entire pack.

As I was setting everything on the counter, one of the frying pans I was balancing on one arm fell and crashed to the floor. I quickly picked it up and carefully set it on the counter. I waited a second before continuing to make sure no one had woken up and was going to yell at me.