Chapter 16 - Leonidas

I was sick and tired of this girl taking time away from my pack. She just continued to prove why I didn't want a mate. Jackson had convinced me to come to his house because she was in a life-or-death situation, and my wolf took control before I could get another word out.

She looked frail and weak lying in the bed that was too large for her. She was practically swimming in the white nightgown she was wearing, and I found myself releasing a small growl. She was extremely weak, but my wolf insisted it was one of the reasons she needed our protection.

"The doctor doesn't want you to move too much, so Leo will be staying here until you shift." I growled again as Jackson spoke. "You will call me Alpha."

I left the room and walked down the hall to where I would be staying. The room was small, including the bed, but I guess it would have to do. This was no room for an Alpha.

My wolf began to whine in my head and I grunted. Sitting down on my bed I rubbed my hands against the side of my head – my wolf was going to be the cause of many headaches while I was here.

"Alpha?" Surprisingly, Ana hadn't burst through the door and yelled at me, but pushed it open a little and called me by my title. She had my attention.

"I just want to explain what happened to her and what to do if it happens, the doctor is worried we'll be gone and you'll be alone with her." Though she'd implied I shouldn't be alone with her, she'd been respectful, so I nodded and granted her permission to enter the room.

She stayed standing and I stayed seated, watching her twist her hands nervously.

"Jackson and I were in the kitchen and heard a small yell from upstairs." Her eyes dimmed down, almost out of regret, but she kept speaking. "He ran up there faster than I did and broke through the door, shouting for me to call doc."

A shudder went through her and my wolf grew restless.

Get on with it!

My body radiated power and anxiousness, and I knew it wasn't helping her to speak. She was growing fearful of what I would do. I tried to calm myself.

Jackson chose that moment to race through the door in a blur and stand in front of his mate. His eyes were showing his wolf was in control as his head slightly tilted in her direction.

"What the hell do you think you're doing, Ana? You're in here, telling him something his wolf isn't going to like, and you don't expect to be hurt in the process? I told you to wait for me and we would do it together."

She must have been touching him somewhere because his wolf, still in control of Jackson's body, began to purr loudly. I almost gagged.

"Tell me what happened now, before I really lose my patience and kill both of you." My wolf wasn't in control, I was, and I'd had enough of watching these two.

Jackson turned to me with a glare, but with his mate near him and safe he was calm enough to continue what he had interrupted.

"When I came into the room she was tangled in the sheets, thrashing and seizing. Eleanor had turned her body and was very close to slamming her head on the corner of her bedside table, so I jumped on top of her and attempted to hold her still."

Similarly to Ana, a shudder went through him as if he was reliving the moment. "I sat behind her and wrapped an arm around her forehead and waist, trying to keep her body from flailing but it was no use. I just sat with her and made sure she didn't hit anything until she'd calmed down."