Chapter 6 - Leonidas

*Sorry for the long wait, I had some trouble writing this one! Hope you enjoy, let me know what you think!*

The roar that left my mouth rattled the house, and the man in front of me dropped to his knees.

"I'm sorry Alpha! I haven't done anything, it was already gone when I became Beta!"

I snarled again, and the man started to shake. I didn't believe him; no one was allowed even near my office and a file can't just get up and walk away.

"You imbecile! You incompetent, ignorant bastard! You were simply sorting papers, how do you misplace an entire file!"

The man had been offered the title of Beta once my brother disappeared, and was messing up everything. He started crawling backwards towards the door, and his eyes widened when his back hit it and he realized that it was shut.

"Which file is missing?" I crouched down and clenched my hand into a fist.

"Your brother's file is missing, Alpha. He must have taken it with him." He flinched, moving his head to the side, waiting for the impact of the punch he was expecting me to give him.

I stood back up and grumbled. What did my brother have to hide? Why would he take his file? It contained everything of his, from his birth certificate to a copy of his driver's license.

A whimper snapped out of my thoughts and I looked back at the pathetic, blubbering mess of a Beta I now had. Reaching down, I gripped his neck tightly before walking over to the balcony. He squirmed too much for my liking.

"No! Please! I didn't do it, i-it wasn't my fault!"

I snarled, bringing his face closer to mine.

"I don't care. Now scram." With that I dropped him from the fifth floor of the pack house, and listened to his screams of agony as he broke several bones. Give it a while, they'll heal.

I didn't spare him a glance as I turned to go back into my office, shutting the doors behind me. Brushing my hands on my pants, I sat down at my desk and grumbled at the thought of having to find a new Beta.

Screw that. I didn't need my brother, I don't need another Beta. Quickly standing again, I headed out to the training grounds to oversee the pack training. Normally it was the Beta's job, but I currently didn't have one.

I knew if I didn't make sure they were doing what they were supposed to be doing, I would have a pack of lazy slobs who couldn't defend themselves, let alone the entire pack.

I stopped in the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of water, subtly rubbing my throat. Why did it hurt so much all of the sudden? I crinkled the bottle once I was finished, tossing it behind me before stepping outside.

The water seemed to have soothed the slight pain, and I continued on my journey to the training grounds. When I got there, another loud snarl left my lips. I was gone for a day, how had this pack almost disintegrated?

"What the hell do you think you are doing?"

The laughter and joking around immediately stopped.

One by one, the pack members dropped to their knees. Various pleas of forgiveness rang out across the clearing, but I snarled to interrupt them.

"I am gone for one day, and you all decide you can just mess around?" Their heads all dropped, except for one. Heath, one of the men in charge of the pack finances, stood his ground.

"There was no one here, Alpha. Beta Jackson usually has us doing something different every day; 'keeps us on our toes' is usually what he says." My face darkened at the sound of my brother's name.