Chapter 16 - Girlfriend

Emilio's P.O.V

'I'm on my way.' I told Julie over the phone as I quickly did up the buttons on my shirt before ending the call.

I wasn't planning to go to work today. I was going to wait for Sofia to get back - to see Tia of course. I liked their presence. Sofia was fun to wind up. The way her she rolled her eyes and scrunched up her nose when I said something distasteful and the way she pursed her lips before she started her long rants at me-

Urgh, stop thinking about her. Anyone would think I liked the peasant girl.

I did, in-fact, like Tia though. She was very mischievous; She probably picked it up from Sofia. You could tell when she was up to something because she always had a little glint in her eyes.

Pushing them to the back of my mind, I checked my appearance in the mirror and straightened out my blazer. My phone buzzed, signalling that my driver had arrived and was waiting out the front of the building. I made my way to the front door, grabbed my key card and left.

-

It was 4 hours later and I still had my nose buried in paper work. One of our most important business partners was threatening to pull out of a deal, which we had been working on for months. I was going through the stack of paper on my desk when my personal phone rang. I glanced at the caller ID to see who was calling but I didn't have the number saved.

Weird. No one other than my family and friends have my personal phone number but even then their number would be saved.

Thinking that someone had changed their number I picked up the phone.

'Emilio García.' I answered.

'Mr García.' Spoke the voice. I had no idea who was calling. I heard the person on the other end of the line ask the question, 'Name?' I frowned in response and was about to put the phone down when I heard the name 'Sofia' being murmured. Just like that my ears pricked up and I waited for this same woman to speak.

'Sir, there is a crazy woman drenched from the rain in the lobby claiming to be your girlfriend. Sofia? She's stood repeatedly ringing your door bell. Would you like me to get her and the shivering little person escorted from the building and file a restraining order?'

I suddenly put two and two together. This was Poppi, the Lobby receptionist on the penthouse floor. I remember having to give a guaranteed reachable phone number when I first began staying there in case of an emergency.

Thinking back to her words my eyebrows shot up in amusement.

Crazy woman. Ha, sounds about right.

I must've been taking too long to reply as she spoke again.

'Sir, is this woman you girlfriend? Or do you want her and the little girl escorted out of you building immediately.' She asked again.

Girlfriend? Where has that come from?

'She is certainly not my girlfriend.' I spoke authoritatively.

'I'll get them both out of the building immediately.' She rushed, following the instructions that I threatened her with when I had first met her.

'If anyone, and I mean ANYONE, comes to my door without prior notice, I wan't them gone. Do you understand? If you are unsure, you are to ring me. I wan't no one entering with out my permission.'

'Ye- Yes, Sir. I'll inform you if I am not aware.' I recalled the conversation we had months ago back in my head.

'Wait.' I quickly said before she put the phone down.