Chapter 8 - Jobless (part 2)

Sofia's P.O.V

My shift was almost over and I now knew what Tammy meant when she said it got busy.

Speaking of Tammy, I hadn't seen her much this evening. I put it on the fact that it was super busy tonight but it was strange that she was helping the other bar areas rather than our usual one. With her being at a different bar it meant that I was the only one at our usual one and I was being hammered. The people just didn't stop coming and I was sure I was breaking a sweat running up and down the bar to fetch different cocktails and beers.

At last the clock struck 3 and my shift was over.

'Longest night of my fucking life.' I thought to myself and mentally gave myself a pat on the back for putting up with such douches for the entire night.

I was out the back checking the rotor to see when I was next in but when my eyes didn't find my name on any of the dates I thought that Tammy hadn't got around to filling my name in and would just text me my dates later.

'Oh, Sofia.' Tammy managed to choke out and looked rather startled. 'I thought you left already.'

'Nope, just checking the rotor but I see you haven't gotten around to filling me in yet-'

'Well-' Tammy began but I cut her off.

'Oh don't worry about it. Just drop me a text whenever-'

'Sof-'

'Honestly, Tam, it's fine-'

'SOFIA.' Tammy finally managed to stop me from rambling. 'Sorry for shouting.' She quickly mumbled before composing herself once again. 'Now before I do this I just want to apologise but I don't really have any other choice.'

'What are you talking about?'

'I'm sorry, I'm going to have to fire you.'

It's not everyday that I get fired so I'm not exactly an expert at reading people's expressions when it comes to this type of thing but from the look on her face I could tell she was guilty about doing so.

'Um.' I managed to stutter out, unsure on what to say.

'I'm so sorry, Sofia. I really-'

'Why?'

I only had one thought whizzing around in my head right now. Why? I needed answers but I wasn't quite sure if she'd actually give them to me.

Tamara stayed silent until I spoke up again.

'Come on, Tamara. There must be a reason! You can't just fire someone out of the blue like that and expect them to leave with no questions asked.' I tried to stay calm but the dragon inside of me was rising. 'Well...'

'Emilio made me.' She whispered quietly.

And there it was. Three words that managed to light a flame in me. 'Emilio. Made. Me.' Those three words replayed over and over and angered me more and more. How was it that one name was enough to make me see red? One name was enough to make me want to murder a certain someone? One name was enough to make me want to tear down the whole of a certain company?