Chapter 5 - Pissed

Sofia's P.O.V

Honestly. Pissed is and understatement.

I.

Am.

Fuming.

Can we believe the nerve of this guy! He had me dragged out of his stupid building because Tia accidentally threw a few chips at him!

Well if that's the kind of guy I'd have to work for then I'm glad I didn't get the fucking job!

Anyway, I'm currently at my apartment flicking through the newspaper for available jobs. Tia was happy to see me, which lightened my mood, but I was still angry for the fact that I didn't even get an interview!

Urgh!

'Sissy, can we pway dowwys?' Tia asked in her angelic voice.

'Of course, sweetie. Just give sissy a minute. I need to make a quick call. How about you go set it up in your room.' I said knowing that I'd most likely regret my next decision on calling the person I'm about to.

'Owkay!' Tia shouted as she ran to her room.

Deep breaths, Sofia. You can do this.

'Hello.' The voice on the other side of the line said.

'Hiya, Tamara. It's Sofia.'

Let me explain. Tamara is one of my closest friends. Well to be precise she's actually my cousin but she's still my friend. She's my mum's sister's child and when mum passed away she offered me a job at her club. I, of course, declined because I didn't want to work in an environment where men stare at the bartenders as if they are sex dolls, however, now I'm desperate. She offered me good pay. What else can I do?

'SOFIA!' She screamed through the line, which made me chuckle. 'What- Why are you calling?!' She asked still with excitement in her voice.

'Well, it's about that job that you offered when I first moved to England.'

'Ah, so you've finally come to your senses. Only took you a few years.' She laughed.

'Ha ha ha. Hilarious.' I said sarcastically. 'Sooo, is it still on offer?'

'To you. OF COURSE! You're family.' She stated as if it was obvious.

'You're a true gem! Thanks so much.' I said gratefully.

'No problem. Anyway, just pop in tomorrow at say... 7.30 P.M and you can do the evening shift. I'll be working then too so I'll be your mentor.'

'Thanks so much! Honestly, I don't-' I began but was cut off by Tia.

'SOFIA, VAMOS!' ('SOFIA, COME ON!') Tia screamed.

'Coming, bebe.' I shouted back to Tia.

'Sister duties?' Tamara questioned. She clearly heard Tia call out.

'Yup. This time it's for me to play dolls.' I said flatly. Of course I love playing with Tia, but dolls... Really?!

'Well, have fun with that. I'll see you tomorrow.' Tamara said across the phone before saying our goodbyes and hanging up.

Well at least now I have a job...

As a bartender...

At a strip club...

How classy.

-