Chapter 4 - Emilio's P.O.V

Emilio's P.O.V

2 days ago

'Emilio, darling. Catherine is here.' My temporary assistant called to me on the intercom.

Julie is only temporarily being my assistant since I fired my last. Turns out she was sleeping with one of my clients. Not only does that make me look ridiculously stupid for hiring such a whore but it makes my family company look unprofessional.

'Emilio?' Julie spoke again. 'Shall I send her in?'

Urghhhhh. Can't Catherine take a hint. I thought I made it clear that she was just a one night stand!

'Fine. But tell her I'm very busy and have to be gone in 5 minutes.' I commanded her.

'Ok, love.'

Now you're probably wondering why I let Julie call me names like 'love' or 'darling'. See, Julie has been working in this company for almost 40 years now - in fact it's her 40th anniversary for working at García's Productions in a few weeks. She previously served my dad as his P.A but as she got older she found it hard to keep up with all the work on the daily so when I became C.E.O I offered her the roll of being the receptionist on my floor. The 50th.

Anyway, long story short, she accepted my offer and has been around since day 1 of my management. When I found myself in a mess she'd always be there to sort it out. She was like a second mother to me.

'Emilio, baby.' An annoying squawk echoed in my office.

Urgh. She got here fast.

'I missed you so much.' She knocked all my important documents from their arranged order as she perched in my desk. I rubbed my temples trying not to lash out.

Stay calm, Em. Stay calm.

'Why have you not been returning my calls?' She asked in her whiny voice. 'I've tried calling you every day for the past 2 weeks.'

'I'm very sorry, Catherine but I must get going. I have an important meeting, which I can't afford to miss. I'll try and drop you a text when it's over.' I said knowing for sure that I definitely will not drop her that text.

'That's no problem. How about we just meet up after?' She suggested and before I could even cut in she continued, 'Yes, perfect. How about at the green by the park at let's say... 5 P.M. Yes. Sounds like a date.' She said with a wink.

Urgh, she didn't even give me the chance to decline!

'Catherine, I'm afraid-' I began.

'Sorry, babe, but I must dash. I have to find the perfect dress for our date tonight.' She put emphasis on the word date.

What have I got myself in to?!

As she left she gave me a quick kiss on the lips - which no, I didn't respond to - and rushed out of the door in her skintight outfit showing off that rakey body of hers.

Yes yes, I'll tell you why I am stuck with Miss I'm-so-perfect Catherine and I am unable to just stand her up, like I'd do normally.

4 years ago, when I was 22, I stepped up to take the lead role of CEO. To celebrate this my dad threw a huge formal party with all of his important clients and guests so that I could get introduced to them all on a not-so-business-like basis. Towards the end of the night, when guests were disappearing, my dad finally introduced me to the Taylor family, who Catherine is the only child to. At 22 all I thought of was sex. No love. No marriage. Just sex. To be honest, I have the same mindset at 26. Immediately, Catherine and I hit it off and that same night we got to know each other... In bed. Anyway, about 2 months into our 'simply sex' relationship she told me her and her family were leaving to go back to America. I can't say that I was sad because... Well I wasn't. We only slept together here and there. I was quite relieved actually as she was beginning to get attached and a bit too clingy for my liking. However, 2 weeks ago she arrived back and we met up on her first night here and I helped her 'keep the bed warm' if you get my gist. Since then she had been messaging, calling and even emailing me to meet up again. Of course I ignored her attempts. I am Emilio García. The cold-hearted, sexy billionaire who doesn't give a shit about anyone's feelings. The bad thing about all of this is the fact that my dad and Mr Taylor (Catherine's dad) are best friends. 'If I break her heart, it will break their friendship' are the very words of my dad so I have to be kind to her, even if she is a clingy bitch.