Chapter 18

Chapter 18

(*Lynx's POV*)

"So, what are we going to do now?" I asked looking at the ashes of our burnt out fire.

"I don't know. Do you even know where we are?" Inky asked glumly.

"No, of course not. do you?"

"No, that's why I was asking you."

She paused, thinking hard. "What's the best thing to do in these sort of situations?"

"I don't know, stay where you are? Hug a tree? I can't remember!" I cried, flopping onto the ground in exasperation.

"How about we go find a town, or something we can at least take shelter in? It would be horrible to be stuck all alone out here in the rain."

I sat up and thought about it for a moment. "That sounds like a good idea."

"Yeah, I know. I thought of it." She replied winking at me before walking away in a random direction.

"Wait, shouldn't we try to figure out how to get to a town before we go wandering off somewhere?"

Inky stopped dead in her tracks. "Eh?... Well we could, but wouldn't that take a while?"

I thought about it for a few seconds. "I guess your right... It's just that I wanna go that way." I said stubbornly, pointing in the opposite direction.

"What? No! That's clearly the wrong way! We're going this way!"

"No, we're not! We're going this way!"

She stared at me in disbelief. "I don't know what you mean by "We're going this way", because I'm NOT going that way!"

We stared at each other. "I guess this is where we say goodbye then." I said, as we locked eyes.

"I guess it is... It was a pleasure meeting you." She said, holding out her hand. My heart sank as I shook her hand. I'd secretly been hoping she would change her mind after I suggested splitting up.

"You too. Good luck." And with that we both turned and went our separate ways.

----------------

(Inky's POV)

"Idiot!" I grumbled as I walked through the forest.

"He won't stand a chance without me! Why I bet he's getting himself into a load of trouble right now! Stupid boy! Just you wait Lynx! You'll come crying back to me in a matter of-"

I screamed in terror.

--------------

(Lynx's Pov)

"Damn. This is bad, she could hunt! What the hell am I supposed to eat now?"

I tried to take my anger out on a rock. It turned out trying to kick a rock only makes your foot hurt.

"Ahhhhhh!!!!" A shreik echoed through the forest from the direction Inky had walked off in.

"INKY?" I called running in the direction of the scream. "INKY WHERE ARE YOU?"