Chapter 19

(Author's Note: I have added a picture of Pea/Crystal to this chapter.... enjoy! ^_^ )  

___________________________

(*Amy's POV*)

I grabbed Tyler by the collar as he tried to run away. "We need to talk!"

I yanked him into the nearest room, which was thankfully empty.

"Calm down Amy! I mean, what's with this dark demonic aura you're giving off?" He chuckled nervously.

"Tyler, I want answers right now!" I fumed.

"What is there to answer?... I mean I don't think I've said anything that is questionable..."

I clenched my teeth. "It's about what you said earlier."

"Oh, that's right! I completely forgot about that!" He took a deep breath. "Amy... I'm sorry I embarrassed you by telling Raine about how you've finally accomplished the task of being able to sleep by yourself." He looked me in the eyes solemnly.

"No, not that. I meant-! Wait a second! I've always been able to sleep by myself!"

"No. You would always come to me in the middle of the night saying that you couldn't sleep. Then, I would hug you and tell you everything was ok and you would fall asleep in my arms." He smiled happily, looking as if he were recalling a distant memory. But I knew for a fact that he wasn't.

I stared at him. "I think get it now..." I said slowly.

Tyler's face lit up with excitement. "You do?"

"Yeah, I do... the truth is; you're actually some insane psychopath, who's created some imaginary universe and thinks that it's real so you kidnapped me because you think I'm your lost girlfriend who's probably not even real!"

I ran out if the room and slammed the door behind me.

Tears streaming down my face, I ran to my cabin, jumped onto my cot and cried into my pillow.

"Why can't I just go home?" I sobbed into my pillow.

"I just want to see Hazel, and mom and dad, and even my little sister! There's so many things I never got to do! I never joined the track team, the softball team or the Volleyball team and I didn't even get to finish swimming! I never went to the school dance with Lynx! And on top of all that I now have a pair of freakin' wings!"

I sat up and took several deep breaths. "Think positive.... Think positive.... Think positive.... Think positive..."

I sniffled. "Well at least now I don't have to do my homework... and maybe there are sports here where you use your wings... It's not like I wanted to join those sport teams a-any way!!!!!"

I began crying into my pillow.

"THAT GIRL WAS PROBABLY LYNX'S GIRLFRIEND!" I bawled.

Relief welled up inside me, I had finally managed to choke out the one thing that had been weighing so heavily on my heart.

Slowly but surely my sobs began to die down and I began to drift into dream land.

I had to just get used to it and face the facts... I wouldn't be going home any time soon and even if I did, things wouldn't be the same.

----------------

(Raine's POV)

I stepped out from my hiding spot among the shadows. "That was smooth Tyler." I remarked as we stared both at the door. To my surprise he didn't even flinch.

"What are you doing here?"

"I should be asking you that, this is my room."

"Oh... really?... Pardon the intrusion."

"Hey! Don't talk to me with such a monotonous sounding tone!" I raged.

"Sorry."

"AND LOOK AT ME WHEN I'M TALKING TO YOU, BRAT!!!" I hit him on the head.

"WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT FOR?"

"I DESERVE SOME SORT OF EXPLANATION AND I WANT YOUR FULL ATTENTION WHEN YOU GIVE ME IT!"

Tyler sighed. "I guess I should talk about it with someone. What do you want to know?"

"I want to know what happened all those years ago. Why can't I remember everything but you can?"

He sat down on the edge of my bed and shamefully put his head in his hands. "It's because you made me suppress your memories."

"What? Why? What happened all those years ago to make me want that?"

Tyler stared up at me, his eye colour intensified to an electric blue. I felt my consciousness leave my body, and found it being pulled towards him.

I tried to scream but I couldn't force myself to open my mouth. Then I was sucked through his pupil into a pitch black hole.

'He's taking me into his mind's eye!' I thought in amazement, as I fell down, down, down. 'This is so damn cool!'

"It all started long ago-" His voice echoed around me as I continued to fall.

"Tyler this is probably the single, most coolest thing you've ever done!" I int erupted, unsure of where his voice was coming from.

I suddenly landed on sand with a hard thump.

"Ouch! What the hell was that for?"

"Sorry, you were just soooo heavy."

"Jerk!" I grumbled, standing up.

I looked around in awe, "Wait a second! I know where I am!"

I spun around relishing the moment. The the sun, the warm desert breeze, the hot sand beneath my feet. It was so long ago since I had been here, this place had held such happy memories. Happy memories which had been lost in the far reaches of my mind.

Tyler appeared next to me out of nowhere, crimson wings now on his back. I felt the familiar breeze of my own purple wings fluttering from behind me.

"Welcome home Raine." I hugged my half-brother tightly.

Tears uncontrollably rolled down my cheeks. "Yes... home..." I breathed.