Chapter 16

(*Amy's Pov*)

"I lost my book!" I groaned miserably.

"It's just a book. What's so special about it anyway?"

"Lady Helen gave it to me! And of I hadn't gone into the forest to find a stupid stick then I wouldn't have lost it!"

"You were the one who wanted to go and find a stick." Tyler said darkly and I looked at him in surprise. This was the first time he'd acted coldly towards me.

"You hate me just like all the others do! Don't you?" I cried miserably thinking of how almost everyone I met had ended up yelling at me.

Tyler stared at me shocked. "No, of course not! I could never hate you!'

I smiled weakly, unsure whether that should make me happy or not.

The night before had been such a disaster.

On top of not finding a good stick, I had lost Lady Helen's gift. I returned to camp and when I awoke in the morning I realized my book was gone.

"There's no way we could find it in such a large forest. We have to move on."

My heart sank, but I knew Tyler was right.

"Alright then, where too?"

Tyler grinned. "To the Sulfur Sea!" He announced pointing down the road dramatically.

I frowned, "Why is it called that?"

"It's 33.57% sulfuric water.... er I think." He added hastily.

My eyes narrowed in suspicion. Tyler had clearly just said something relatively smart, but he tried cover it up. Could it be that he's actually not as stupid as I originally thought?...

No, that's impossible.

----------------------------------------

"It's about half a days journey from here to the other side right now."

"What do you mean right now?"

"The current changes halfway through the day or so. It's actually very helpful for sailors. They can easily make a round trip in less than a day. You can't imagine how good it is for profit... or so I've heard."

I frowned. Was he really not an idiot?

"Alright, let's go get a boat."

"Ok, but how do we know which one we should take?"

"That one." Tyler said firmly.

"Why that one?" I asked staring at the large majestic ship.

"I'm friends with the owner of that ship. She owes me a favor."

"Ooooh, she?" I jeered playfully.

"Yes... and your point is?" He asked, confused.

"Well... um, never mind." I mumbled in defeat. I have no idea how I could've believed for a second that he had a scrap of intelligence in his brain.

"Tyler!" Cried a female voice and we turned around. "How've ya been you old scoundrel?"

"I've never been better, you old hag!" He smiled back.

A girl with medium black layered hair wrapped him in a head-lock and gave him a noogie.

"Ouch! Stop it!" He protested helplessly.

"Haha! Deal with it wimp!" She laughed.

Tyler whipped his leg around, knocking her off her feet. She did a handspring and they stood facing each other, ready to strike.