Chapter 11

Chapter Eleven~

(*Amy's POV*)

"A...A quest?" I stuttered in disbelief, staring up at the elders who were perched high above me.

"Yes, you shall leave immediately." One elder said.

"But what am I supposed to do on this quest?" I asked disdainfully.

"You must venture to the City in the Clouds and read from the forbiden scroll of Past Memories." Another elder explained.

"Is someone going to fly me there or something?" I realized that saying something like that could somehow be interpretated as an insult. I quickly corrected myself "...What I mean to ask is, how will I get there?"

"Do not worry my dear, your husband shall accompany you!" I heard Lady Helen of the Oak say.

"Wait... who?"

"We should just tell her, it would be so much easier!"

"No! You know how dangerous that could be!"

"We've already revealed too much! We might as well tell her some of the truth!" The whole room had erupted in argument.

"SILENCE!!!! All of you!" A female voice commanded and the room instantly fell silent.

A woman who appeared to be in her twenties stood and I had to turn around to look at her. She was tall, frail, clear blue-grey eyes, fair skin and long wavy light blonde hair that fell down to her waist.

"Amy." She said, her voice surprisingly strong and regal despite her China-doll like appearance. "We believe that you are the daughter of our people's two greatest heroes. Of course, because of that fact you have already had your betrothed chosen, whether you chose to accept his hand in marriage shall be your decision."

"I choose not to marry him!" I blurted.

The woman gave me a questioning smile. "But you don't even know who he is!" She laughed skeptically. Her laugh was light and beautiful, it sounded almost like small bells chiming.

"Well, who is he?" I asked, full of anticipation and dread.

"Tyler of course!" A knot formed in my stomach as she spoke the dreaded words.

"No." I said immediately, making her laugh again.

"I'm afraid you have no choice." She said smiling on the outside but something in her voice sounded hostile.

"But you said before that..."

"SILENCE!...Please." She said, looking as if she was holding herself back from saying something she would regret later.

"You will go on this quest with Tyler and when you return you must decide whether or not you will marry him."

"My answer will still be the same." I glared at the woman.

"We'll see..." An amused expression on her and many of the other Elder's faces.

Just who the hell did she think she was? That bitch!

"This meeting is now adjourned." Someone announced, but everyone had already begun to leave.

I turned and began to walk out of the chamber.

"Amy... Amy wait up!" A voice cried but I continued walking. "AMY!" The voice cried, now slightly farther away, as if being pulled away by the swarm of exiting faeries.

The person continued to call my name repeatedly until I realized that the person had appeared right next to me.

Running next to me, a broad grin on her face, was none other than the bitch who had told me I had to marry Tyler.