Chapter 3

(This chapter is also dedicated to My Brother: for having told me that my chapter has too much fluff.  P.S. You were wrong.)

(*Amy's POV*)

"Oooooooh, you got Lynx mad!" Hazel teased after Lynx had stormed off.

"I know! Why does he hate being called that anyway?" I wondered, thoroughly distraught.

Hazel shrugged. "Who knows. In my opinion he's a bit weird. Have you noticed that he always has Milk and Sushi for lunch? I mean he's always eating that! I've never seen him eat anything else!"

"Really? Hmm, that's an interesting combination." I said wondering if they tasted good together.

Hazel smiled mischievously. "Oh my god! You like him don't you?"

I blushed. "Maybe." I said in a round about way.

"Ooooh! Amy Victoria Johnson you have a crush!" Hazel jeered and I blushed even more.

"Just forget about it. He clearly doesn't like my back, he always seems so distant." I complained.

Hazel laughed, "Not to mention he sleeps during almost every class yet managers to somehow get perfect grades."

"Who do you think that girl was that was sitting with him on the bleachers?" I asked suddenly.

It had been nagging at my mind throughout the whole practice, I had nearly swam right into Casey because of it. But I couldn't help it! They'd been sitting so close to each other, and the way that he'd looked at her, his eyes so full of interest. He never looked at me like that.

Hazel shrugged. "It could have been his girlfriend who he doesn't see as much anymore since he moved here."

"Do you even know where he lives?" I asked thinking about everything I knew about Lynx.

"Why would I?" Hazel asked, drying her hair with a towel. "I'm not obsessed over him like you are. I think it's better if you forget about him, after all you're kind of creeping me out."

"Sorry, you're right. I'm freaking out over nothing." I said appearing to be calming my self down but actually freaking out on the inside even more.

"Hey Amy, I have to go my mom wants me home by 6." Hazel said slinging her swim bag over her shoulder.

I looked up in surprise, I had not realized how late it was. The locker room had emptied out and we were the last two people in there.

"Sure, go ahead! I haven't even changed yet!"

"Alright Amy, see you Monday!" Hazel called as she walked out of the locker room.

"See you!" I called after her, then I changed in silence.

When I was finally done I fished out my car keys from my bag swung them around my index finger and began to whistle as I walked into the hallway.

"Hi Amy! A cheerful voice cried and pretty soon Tyler was walking next to me.

I groaned. "What do you want?" I asked, very irritated.

He shrugged. "I thought that it would be nice to talk about stuff... like for instance, did you know that you were adopted?"

I stopped in my tracks. "Don't lie to me! I don't know who would tell you something like that but it is DEFIANTLY not true!" Why did it bother me so much that some random guy I'd just met had told me I was adopted? It shouldn't bother me this much.

"Well if everything you say is true then that means that your family should know who you are. But if I'm correct then your family won't know you at all."