Chapter 5

(*Amy's POV*)

I looked around myself, this couldn't be Venus. The landscape was too lush to be the planet I had learned about in 6th grade science class. There were trees, rivers, mountains and acres and acres of flowers.

The first thing that greeted me when I stepped out of the space ship (Tyler had insisted in his alien language upon holding my hand, probably so I wouldn't run away. Idiot.) was the blinding sky. Even though it was all clouds the sun's light simply illuminated the clouds making it seem that the whole sky was a light.

To my most utmost surprise I was greeted by a welcome party... of Faeries.

"Hi, I'm Stephen we talked on the phone." Said a Faerie with dragonfly wings shaking my hand.

"Um, hi?" 

He smiled brightly at me. "You probably weren't expecting this were you."

"Um no, I wasn't... I also thought that if I met a fairy that they would be three inches tall." I said uncertainly.

Stephen laughed. "Yes, Faeries are often confused with sprites but that is to be expected because the Faerie-folk haven't been spotted on Earth for several thousand years."

"Uh-hu." I said nodding slowly thinking to myself how crazy he was.

"kwhefwehdjh lamp dkjfowiejfklf. fjskfhuiwefhjkf toilet fhiaohfelasfh." Tyler laughed before walking away.

Stephen looked after Tyler and shook his head. "He is sooooo immature." 

"What did he say?"

"Oh that's right, you don't understand faerieish. Some one should show up and try to help, but it serves Tyler right. He never payed attention during English and Human Culture class."

"What?" I asked, he hadn't  answered my question.

"Wow, the elders came." Stephen said distractedly staring at a group of faeries who were stepping off of a boat.

"Wait, if they're faeries then why are they riding a boat if they can fly?" I joked.

Stephen gasped, looking absolutely horrified. "Don't speak of the elders in such a manner! They are highly respected among my people!"

I stared at him blankly before the strange faeries approached us. I'm sure that my surprise shown on my face because Fredrick elbowed me. The elders did not look very elderly, they looked more like men and women in their forties or fifties except their faces had no wrinkles or blemishes and there hair didn't look like it was greying in the slightest.

Stephen bowed in greeting to the Elders and I followed his lead by doing the same. Stephen  then began rambling on and on in faerieish. Occasionally I heard my name and he kept glancing and gesturing at me as the Elders nodded.

A female elf with wavy brown hair and kind chestnut eyes stepped forward. "Hello..." She said her voice ringing like wind chimes. She held out a brown and gold pot and began to speak again in broken English. "This will help you understand." She smiled before pouring a glittering powder onto me which seemed to melt like snow when it touched my skin.

She stepped back into the group and I couldn't help feeling drawn to her. She then smiled at me, it was a kind smile and I got the strange feeling that we knew each other from somewhere.

My thoughts were distracted by  Stephen and the Elder's voices, they began to morph changing from Faeriesh to English.

"Can't we just kill her?"  Stephen exclaimed in frustration.

"HEYYYYYY DUDESSSSS!!!!!!!!!! WHAT'S UP????"  Tyler shouted, happily waving at us as he returned to the group. "Yo, what's up Zormac? What's shakin' Harold? Edwina, how are ya?" He said as he greeted each of the Elders in turn, much to their distaste.

Stephen put Tyler in a head lock. "Shut up Tyler." He said stiffly before letting him go, "Just look, you're loudness is scaring her." He said jerking his head towards me.

Tyler looked terrified. "I'm sorry!" He cried- running up to me, kneeling before me and holding my hands. I stepped back, and looked at the other's unsure of what to do.

"See what I mean?"  Stephen hissed pulling Tyler away from me. He smiled at me apologetically. "Please excuse Tyler's unpleasant behavior. He's just a bit jumpy now that he's back home." He explained in English and I simply nodded. I wasn't sure whether I would be able to speak in English and I wanted to use this opportunity to lean something.

"She still doesn't understand us but she should in about an hour, though we're not sure. This method hasn't been tested before... Just don't make any loud noises or sudden movements."  Stephen scolded.

Tyler's face dropped and he nodded. "I understand, let's go." He began to walk towards the boat grabbing my arm and dragging me with him. I screamed and waved my arms before Stephen tore me from Tyler.

I rubbed by arm which hurt from Stephen pulling me away. "What the hell did I just tell you?"  Stephen yelled hitting Tyler against a tree. Tyler spit in his face. "Oh, real mature!" Fredrick mocked wiping the spit from his face. "Now what the hell were you doing?" 

"Is that you're favorite word now?" Tyler taunted. I looked around briefly, the Elders had gathered around to watch the two boys quarrel.

"Shut up!"  Stephen yelled. "She's only been here for ten minutes and you've already started changing back to who you were before..." He stopped suddenly as if knowing that he shouldn't be saying anything. "I'm sorry."

Tyler's face was hard. "Let's just go." He said darkly as he pushed past  Stephen.

"I think we should wait a bit."

Tyler stopped. "No, we should go."

Stephen rounded to face Tyler. "Look at her, she looks tired and confused. It would be better for her if she rested."

Tyler laughed darkly. "Yeah right. We both know that you don't give a damn over her well being."

"I may not, but that still doesn't mean that I don't care about you're well being. You are sick, you need to rest."  Stephen insisted.

"I'm not sick, I am perfectly fine." Tyler said but I noticed that  Stephen was right, he looked very ill.

"but..."

Tyler cut him off. "It is none of you're concern... Besides, she must meet with the council immediately."

"Tyler just listen to me for a second!"  Stephen tried.

" Stephen, listen to him. The boy is correct, the High Chief and the rest of the Elders wish to meet with her." One of the Elders, a man interjected.

The brunette faerie who had poured the powder onto me stepped forward and rested a hand on Tyler's shoulder. "Tyler, dear. You do know that  Stephen was just trying to show that he cares about you right?" Tyler's face seemed to crumble from a pout to a face of remorse, he nodded. "Although I agree with you that we must leave, I also agree with  Stephen. You do not look well my child, you must rest."

Tyler simply moped away to the boats. The brunette faerie took my arm and gently lead me to the boat where I simply walked away from the group and huddled, knees to my chest, on the deck.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N It took me forever to upload this chapter because I was going to put all 3 POVs in one chapter but the other two were taking too long so I decided to just publish this one. XP