Chapter 9

(Lynx's POV)

"What the hell do we do about this water?" Inky demanded.

"We could clog it up." I shrugged.

"We'd still be losing air! The air in here can't last much longer!" She began hyperventilating.

"Calm down! If you keep breathing like that than we WILL run out of air soon!"

She took a deep breath, calming herself, and regained her composure. "Alright," She began calmly. "The only logical solution is to break the windows open and swim to the surface."

"But what about the water? What if we have something that will be ruined if it gets wet?" My mind quickly came up with 'My phone!' before I thought 'wait, what's a phone?'

"What would get damaged if it gets..." She was abruptly cut off by a shrill beeping noise that seemed to be coming from her pocket.

"What's that?" I asked as she pulled an unusual rectangular device from her pocket.

"I don't know but there's a button that says 'Slide to Unlock'... Should I slide it or is it a trap?" She asked, hyperventilating again.

"Ugh! Just give it to me!" I groaned reaching for it.

"Fine!" She pouted and slid her finger across the screen. "You're lucky we weren't killed. If we were I would have killed you."

"That makes no sense." I said flatly. "Now stop that noise before I smash that thing!"

She stared at me wide eyed, clutching the device. "If you so much as touch Siri, I will kill you so mercilessly that children in the next galaxy will be crying from fear... You got it?"

"Did you just name that thing?... Well, since you named it now we HAVE to keep it!" I rolled my eyes.

"I did not just name it!" Inky pouted, she thrust the rectangle at my face. "See?"

I stared at a screen filled with oddly shaped squiggles and shapes. "What is it?"

She frowned, looking at it again, "You can't read it?"

I stared at the screen again and shook my head. The strange text glowed as if mocking me. I shook my head.

She frowned, "That's so weird..." She tapped the screen and her eyes scanned it, reading the strange writing.

Suddenly, without warning she gasped and nearly dropped 'Siri' into the water, still slowly rising at our feet. I caught the phone before it hit the icy water and glanced at it, I could read only two words on the screen;

Kill Him

I could feel the blood from my face as I handed Inky back her phone.

"Are you ok?"

"Yes, I'm fine." She mumbled.

"Did you find anything out?"

"Yes, give me everything in your pockets." She said firmly.

I looked into her dark blue eyes. "Why?"

She rolled her eyes. "Just do it."

I pulled several strange items from my pockets and handed them to Inky, the icy water now reaching the seat. She pulled a small bag out of a compartment and put the items into bag along with the contents of her pockets in it as well.

I let out a sigh and Inky looked at me.

"What? Don't you trust me?" She asked, an eyebrow raised questionably.

I quickly collected my emotions and hid them deep inside. "Of course I do."

"Alright then, get ready to hold you're breath on the count of three... Ready? One..."

"Wait what?"

"Two..."

"What are you going to do?"

"Three!"

Inky slammed herself into the glass and I had just enough time to gulp down as much air as my lungs could hold before a wave of freezing water tore through the window.

The water burned my eyes but I still left them open in order to be able to follow Inky.

I kicked upward, the water's surface seeming so far away.

My lungs ached and I could tell that Inky was loosing air and strength. Soon I was swimming with her in my arms, frantically trying to reach the surface before either she or both of us died.

I broke the surface of the water, gasping for air. I looked over at Inky who still drooped calmly in my arms, she wasn't breathing.

I looked around and spotted a shore nearby. I quickly swam over and lay her down on the sand preforming CPR.

After a minute of chest compressions I stopped; it was useless. Her heart had stopped.

Then, on the most unusal impulse, I did something crazy. I leaned over and kissed her.

As soon as I sat back up she threw up water and began coughing. I hugged her tightly, "I thought you were going to die! Are you ok Inky?"

She glared at me and inbetween her coughs and gags she growled. "What did you just call me?"

I smiled in relief, "You said I could call you that."

She glared at me before coughing up more water.

-----------------------------------------------------

(*Author's note*)

Lol wasn't that so cute?! <3 ... and cheesey? ^-^

Although this is obvious, I still feel obligated to point out the fact that I do not own the name 'Siri' or the I-Phone 4s. I'd also like to mention that I don't intend to have the I-phone talk, it's just called Siri because I thought it'd be fun to give the phone a name. :P