Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Derrick and I have been messing around with one another for a little over three months now and it’s so exciting! It’s kind of like dating but with a lot of sneaking around. I think I might even love him even though I know nothing more can come of it.

I open my eyes to find a sleeping Derrick next to me, his big sexy hand is slung across my waist as his face is devoured into my chest. I smile with the thought of how comfortable we are and of our love making session last night.

“Morning…” he muffles

“Morning” I kiss him on his head

But just then there’s a knock on my bedroom door. I instantly freeze! Derrick quickly opens his eyes.

“Dianne!” daddy calls out from the other end

“Yes daddy” I squeakily manage to say

“You better wake up or else you’ll be late for school”

“Yes daddy I’m up” I can feel Derricks body stiffen

“See you downstairs”

Derrick quickly jumps out of bed, I slowly head towards my door and open it slightly, I pop my head out a little to see if the coast is clear and when I realize it is I open the door wider and gesture for Derrick to leave quickly. As he hurries out my room, he turns back and kisses me.

I finally close my door and let out a sigh of relief but just then my phone beeps alerting me that I’ve got a text message. I hop over to my dressing table and pick up my phone, curious to know who is texting me this early…

I flip open my phone and scroll to my inbox only to cast doubt upon my mind and my actions, should I open the text message or should I ignore it and delete it? Why now? Why after all this time? I’ve been through so much and now I’m happy with the person that helped me get over everything that caused me unhappiness. On the other hand, Derrick and I are never…well can NEVER be official or be a happy couple, all we can do is just sneak around and mess around with each other, there’s no future.

I quickly decide to open the text message and pray that I won’t regret my decision later on. The message reads:

“Hi Dianne, I’m missing you and I know you probably moved on but can we please talk?”

I instantly begin to melt as I read the message, he’s been my first boyfriend, the first guy I had kissed, the first guy I made love to, he was my first for everything and those are memories I can’t forget even if I tried. All the Derricks in the world wouldn’t be able to help me forget those moments. Am I just being stupid to even consider talking to Clarence?

“Diane!” Derrick calls out to me

“Yeh…” I quickly select reply

“Hurry up, I’ll meet you downstairs”

“Okay will be there in a while”

What do I say to Clarence? Should I be nice or just be normal? Okay, just be normal, not as you would talk to him when you are dating

“Hey Clarence. Sure, when and where?”

I hit send message and keep my fingers crossed! Then I remember I’ve got this annoying place called ‘school’ to get to. I quickly grab a towel and rush to the shower.

 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As we drive to school I hold onto my phone expectantly…waiting anxiously for Clarence’s reply. Derrick looks at me and smiles; he then places his hand on my thigh

“Don’t do that!” I say to him bluntly as I push his hand away

“What’s wrong?” he looks at me confused

“You never know who might see, we can’t just do these things anywhere, and we need to be careful” I say to him whilst going through my phone annoyed at the fact Clarence hasn’t replied yet

Derrick looks down at my phone and then rests his eyes on the road ahead “Waiting for a special message or something?”

“Maybe” I say to him uninterested as I stare out the window with an irritated expression

Derrick notices my mood and doesn’t say anything, silence just fills up for the rest of our ride to school.

As we enter school, Derrick stares at me as I walk away ignoring him. As I walk towards my locker I feel a pair of warm hands slide across my waist and someone hover over me, he spins me around to face him

“Hey” I smile like a shy little girl

“Hey babe, can we talk?” he asks sweetly, his gorgeous eyes glaring at me

“Now?” I say to him knowing I’ve got classes

“Yeh now, come on, just live a little…skip first period, you’re a smart girl, you’ll catch up” he pulls me closer

“Okay…”

He slides his fingers between the spaces of mine and he walks out the school hallway towards the exit hand in hand with me. As I turn my focus away from Clarence I notice Derrick standing to the side staring at me, I feel really bad but its reality and I can’t do anything about the fact that we are siblings and can’t be anything more so I just smile at him half-heartedly and continue with Clarence.