Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Daniela stands outside the iron gates and then pushes the button on the intercom which is mounted onto the wall on the side of the gate.

“It’s me, Daniela…open up”

And with that the Iron Gate opens, she briskly walks along the passage leading to the entrance of the house, the rain has faded and her eyes settles onto the night sky. She slowly places her butt down on the step outside the house, her hands slump down between her thighs as she stares into the sky with all these thoughts fluttering around inside her head.

Her thoughts are disturbed by the sound of the front door opening; she swiftly moves her head in the direction of the door but stops halfway and she flinches when she feels a kink in her neck. She moves her head forward and begins to rub her neck with her hand. A pair of firm hands then meets her hands and slowly pushes it away; taking over from massaging her neck, the man slowly slopes down and places his butt next to her whilst still massaging her neck.

“What are you doing here? Its cold out here and I opened the gate a while ago” he says to her with his deep yet sexy voice

“Just thinking…” she says to him with her head hanging low

“I know how close you and Ricky were and no-one’s expecting you to put up this brave front but I hope you know I’ll always be right here if ever you need me” he stops massaging her neck and puts his hand across her back, pulling her closer to him

“It’s not that, well it is that and the fact that my mother decides to tell me after twenty one years that Uncle D is actually my biological father” she says to him whilst her head lay on his shoulder

“Ricky is your what?” he looks at her bewildered by her last statement

“Ricky is my dad...” she says to him flatly

“Wait…wait…we are talking about Dianne’s brother right?”

“Yeh, my mother slept with her own brother”

He stays silent for her moment, trying to process what Daniela has just told him

“Don’t worry it took me quite some time to actually swallow that as well, but eventually it will sink in” she says to him oh so casually

“Okay…anyhow we should get you inside and out of these wet clothes before you get sick” he quickly changes the subject

The pair rise to their feet and head into the house. Daniela steps into the bedroom, switching on the light and removing each drenched item off her body. She then gets a towel from one of the drawers and steps into the adjoining bathroom. She places her towel onto the silver towel bar and enters the shower; the hot water runs onto her naked body making all her stress disappear for that moment. The steam from the hot shower pervades the glass box, limiting the visibility through the glass.

Her back is turned to the door of the shower box and her hands are running over the top of her head to the bottom. The door to the shower box opens slowly; a warm pair of hands is placed on either side of her, gently making its way to her stomach. She places her hand onto his as he pushes his body closer to hers; he moves her hair to the side and places soft kisses from her back to her neck. He then places a hand on her cheek turning her around slowly to face him, his eyes bounces from her lips to her eyes whilst hers follows his, he cups her face with his hand and then kisses her softly, slowly deepening the kiss, she matches each of his movements until something flickers in her head causing her to rush out the bathroom.

Daniela rapidly begins to clothe herself with dry clothes and pulls her hair back into a bun.

“Are you rushing back to the hospital?” the man asks her in a low voice

“Yes…I have to be there with him and spend as much time with him before he…” she says breathlessly unable to complete her sentence realizing that she’s losing her father before she even got the chance to call him that