Epilogue

The Fiance

Epilogue

I stared at the phone on the table as it rang.

The phone has been ringing at least once everyday for the last week since Jason and I came back from "celebrating" our engagement.

"You going to answer it?" he asked, wrapping his arms around my waist from behind.

I shrugged and turned around to look at him.

"I don't know. If she wanted to apologize, then she should come talk to me in person, right?" I asked.

"Right," he nodded kissing my forehead.

Suddenly, Jason's phone rang. He pulled back and took out his phone. Then he checked the ID and kissed my forehead one more time before he walked away to answer it.

I stared at my phone for the thousandth time today and sighed.

Should I call her?

"Hey, Winter?" Jason called, breaking my thoughts.

"Yeah?"

"We're going out to dinner," he replied, walking toward me.

I laughed at how cute he was. He never fails to spoil me. He takes me out all the time. I sort of miss cooking!

"Again?" I pouted.

"I promise that this is the last time for a while," he chuckled, wrapping his arms around me.

I smiled and kissed him before I pulled back and asked, "Do I need to dress up?"

"You look beautiful in everything. Don't need to dress up," he chuckled.

I hit him lightly and pushed him away as I went to the closet.

Suddenly, two strong arms wrapped around me again and I was lifted off the ground.

I laughed and yelled, "Put me down, Jason!"

"I never said we were leaving right now. I think you need some help undressing too," he chuckled, putting me down on the bed.

"I love you," he whispered.

I glared at him as he hovered on top of me. He gave me a cheeky smile before he crashed his lips into mine.

I pushed him back and replied, "I love you too."

Then I crashed my lips into his again.

Three hours later, we were at the restaurant that he wanted us to go to. After ordering, Jason went to the restroom and I sat at our table and waited for him.

"Nieva?"

I looked up and my eyes widened in surprise.

I'm going to kill Jason Lev!

"M-Mom," I stuttered.

She looked down, not knowing what to say. I stared at her and it was silent for a few minutes.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

She sighed and looked at me, full of regret, before she answered, "To apologize."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing as I tried to process those two words in my mind.

She walked closer to me and I didn't know what to say or do.

"I know that I shouldn't have forced you into something that you didn't want. I guess sometimes money could get the best of me and I could go sort of crazy. You're more important than money though. I'm so sorry, Nieva. I promise to not force things onto you anymore. You can do whatever you want and be happy. I won't judge or anything. I love you and I just want you to be happy. Just please forgive me," she said quietly, trying to not cry.