The Fiance-21

The Fiance

Chapter Twenty-One

Nieva's P.O.V.

I groaned as my phone kept on ringing nonstop. I reached over to my bedside table and grabbed it. Then I answered without looking at the caller ID.

"Hello?"

"Nieva? You're not up yet? I need to talk to you," Linda said.

"Good morning to you too, Sis," I grumbled.

"Sorry. Good morning," she replied sheepishly.

"Talk about what?"

"You never told me that you were engaged!"

I sighed, "I'm not."

"Then why did Mom say that?"

"It's a long story," I replied.

"I got time. By the way, you have like three more hours to get ready anyways. You got time too," she said.

"Fine," I answered.

"Spill it," she laughed.

"Mom and Dad engaged me to Jason for business reasons," I said bluntly.

"What?" Linda yelled.

"I know. I couldn't believe it either," I replied.

"Wait, then why did you introduce him yesterday as your boyfriend?"

I blushed, "Well, we sort of jus-"

"No way! You guys are dating? Are you really going through with this?"

"I wasn't planning to, but he just has this interesting vibe. I sort of like being around him," I confessed.

"Why don't you just marry him?"

"It's not as easy as it sounds. I don't know. It's just that. I just want to be in love and I want to trust him with my life before I give in. Do you know what I'm trying to say?"

"Yeah. But, why would Mom and Dad marry you to him for business? Aren't they better than that?"

"I don't know," I said honestly.

"I got married because I was in love with Michael. I wonder why they betrothed you when they didn't with me," she replied.

"I know. You got the lucky end of the deal. Plus, at least she doesn't force you to do things," I frowned.

"I'm sorry, Ni. If you don't like it then just be a rebel, okay? You don't have to obey them just because you're the youngest and you love them. They need to respect you too," Linda said.

"Thanks, Lin," I smiled.

"Anything for you, Sis. Now get up and get ready. Don't you want to look beautiful for Jason?"

"Ha. Ha. Very funny," I said sarcastically.

"I know you like him," she teased.

"I do. Now I have to go pretty up. See you," I laughed.

"See you," she replied before hanging up.

I closed my eyes and yawned. Then I stretched and got up to take a warm shower before I ate a quick breakfast. After cleaning up, my phone rang.

"Hey," I greeted.

"Morning, Winter," Jason greeted me.

"What's up?"

"Pick you up in an hour and a half?"

"Yeah," I nodded.

"Okay. Pack some clothes. I'm taking you somewhere after," he replied.