The Fiance-18

The Fiance

Chapter Eighteen

After paying for the entrance, I walked hand in hand with Nieva to the booth where they sold wristbands. I put one onto her right wrist and she did the same to me.

"So, what are these for again?"

"Unlimited rides," I answered.

"No way! Really?"

I chuckled at her enthusiasm.

Her eyes were shining so bright and she seemed so relaxed and excited. I guess it was true when she said she's never been to a fair before.

"Yes. Really," I confirmed.

"Then what are we waiting for? Let's go!"

I grinned and followed her as she pulled me.

The whole area was filled with rides, games, and food. There were the amusement park theme music in the background and you could smell sweet popcorn and food in the air. One thing that I love about the fair is the food. Tastes like heaven.

"Which one do you want to go first?" her sweet voice asked me.

"Up to you," I smiled.

"Is that one scary?"

I followed her pointed finger and looked at the teacups.

"You just spin in the cup and go around the platform. Come on. Let's go," I intertwined our hands and walked towards the gate.

"It's really fast though," she said nervously.

"Don't worry. You can hang onto me if you want. Unless you rather sit on my lap," I smirked.

"Doesn't sound like a bad idea at the moment," she said with wide eyes as we showed our wristbands to the man at the gate.

He let us in and we went towards a teacup.

"Wait. Let's go to this one!" she said, pointing to an extremely girly teacup that had a ruffling dress.

"No, no way. Nope," I shook my head, pulling her towards the less girly looking one.

"Come on. Please?"

The man that let us in the gate walked up to us and said, "Excuse me. Please find a seat. The ride is about to start."

I looked back and saw that the less girly teacup was taken and there was only the extremely girly one left.

I groaned, "Fine."

Nieva gave me a sweet smile and pulled me onto the seat. The man made sure that the bar that held us were locked securely and then he walked back to his seat at the gate.

I frowned as I looked at the teacup's features.

"Oh, cheer up! It's just a ride. I promise I won't make fun of your ego for this," she laughed, putting up her pinky.

I was about to say something, but the ride suddenly started and she let out a squeak and held onto my arm tightly.

We went around in boring circles and Nieva was screaming like crazy. It was amusing to watch though. Not to mention she was really close to my side. I'm pretty sure she was seconds away from sitting on my lap.

After a couple more minutes of circling around, we got off and she was still clinging onto me.

"How are you not affected by that? That was scary!"

"Babe, there are worse rides than this here," I chuckled, putting an arm around her shoulder as we walked to a different one.

"I'm not so sure now," she put her arm around my waist and tightened the hold.