The Fiance-14

The Fiance

Chapter Fourteen

"Mom? What are you going here?" I asked once I saw her standing on my doorstep outside.

"There you are! Where have you been?"

"With Jason," I answered, pointing behind me to his figure that is leaning against his car.

"Nieva, we need to talk," she said.

I nodded and looked back at Jason. He nodded and I walked into my house with my mom behind me.

"What do you want to talk about?" I asked once we sat down.

She looked down at my hands and shook her head disappointedly.

"Where's your ring?"

"That's all you want to talk about?"

"No. I was just wondering. Anyways, we have a get together this weekend with some family. I expect you to be there with a ring on your finger. Jason's family will be there too," she said in a firm voice.

"Why with a ring on my finger?"

"Why not? You guys are engaged already," she shrugged.

"Mom, we're not engaged," I said, narrowing my eyes.

"Nieva, you will do as I say. I didn't raise you up to thank me like this!"

I took in a deep breath.

"What if I don't have a ring on my finger when, or if I come?"

"That will be decided when I see you then," she said, raising her head up.

"Why do I have to get married so quickly? Am I an object for you to use?" I asked, hurt.

"You're more worthless than an object if you don't listen to me!"

I shook my head and tried to calm my temper down.

"Enough talking. I will see you and your fiance at the get together. Remember to have that ring or else you would regret that," she said, flipping her hair before walking away.

Is she even my mom anymore?

I numbly walked to my punching bag and took off my shirt since I was already wearing a sports bra under. Then, I grabbed my gloves and put them on.

"You're more worthless than an object if you don't listen to me!"

One hit.

"-more worthless than an object-"

Two hits.

"-an object-"

Three hits.

"-worthless-"

Four hits.

"Worthless," I repeated as I reached my hand back to punch the bag.

Before I could bring my fist back, someone held onto it and put their arms around me.

"As hot as I think this is, calm down," he whispered.

I took in a shaking breath and nodded as he took off my gloves.

"What did she say?"

"Don't want to talk about it," I answered.

"Love, it's okay," he said.

It's okay. You're more worthless than an object. Worthless. Object. Ring. Regret. Get together. Or else. Fiance. Do as I say.

"No, it's not!" I yelled, pushing him away from me.