The Fiance-20

The Fiance

Chapter Twenty

My brother in law, Michael, led us to the living room. I just realized that I haven't been here for such a long time as I stared at the plain and boring walls of the hallway.

Suddenly, we came to a stop. I saw Linda, but her back was turned to me. Michael went up to her and wrapped his arms around her waist lovingly.

I smiled at the image and looked up at Jason. He gave me a smile and grabbed my hand to hold. I gave it a little squeeze and looked back at my sister.

"Hey, Linda," I smiled.

She quickly turned around and smiled widely.

"Hey, Ni!"

I let go of Jason's hand and walked towards her. Once we reached each other, I pulled her into a hug.

"How are you doing?" she asked.

"Great," I smiled.

I looked back at Jason and motioned him to come closer. He nodded and walked up to be beside me and smiled.

"Linda, this is my boyfriend, Jason Lev. Jason, this is my older sister, Linda," I introduced.

"Nice to meet you," he offered a hand.

"Likewise," Linda smiled, shaking it.

"Where's Mom and Dad?" I asked.

"She's cooking with the chefs and Dad is finishing some papers up in his office," Linda answered.

"Oh," I replied.

We all sat down on the couches in the living room and talked for a while. Soon, my parents showed up and we all stood up.

"Hello, Son," my dad greeted Jason.

"Good evening, Mr. Crown and Mrs. Crown," Jason replied.

"I'm really glad you and Nieva could make it," he replied with a smile, reaching his hand out.

Jason shook it and said, "It's a pleasure."

My dad nodded and turned to me. I gave him a smile and he smiled back and walked towards me.

"You've grown, Nieva. You should visit more often," he said, giving me a hug.

"I missed you too, Dad," I smiled, hugging him back.

"Let's have dinner, shall we?" my mom cutted in.

My dad nodded and we all walked towards the dining room. I sat next to Jason while Linda and Michael sat across from us and my parents sat at each end.

"So, Jason. How are you and your family doing?" my mom asked once we started eating.

"They're good. Business is going well for us," Jason answered as I took a sip from my water.

"That's good. Have you and Nieva decide on a date for your wedding yet?" she asked.

I almost choked on the water, but luckily I didn't or else my mom would've given me a death glare.

"No, Ma'am. We're both still thinking about it," he replied.

I immediately relaxed from Jason's answer.

"A wedding? You're engaged, Ni?" Linda asked, surprised laced in her tone.

My mom ignored her and went on with the conversation.

"Nonsense. What's there to think about? I'm sure you guys could get married right now if you wanted to," she smiled.

"Nieva is still making the preparations. I want the wedding to be perfect for her, so it might take some time," he turned to me and gave me a teasing smile.