The Fiance-22

The Fiance

Chapter Twenty-Two

Nieva's P.O.V.

I blew out a breath as my mom walked out of the room.

It felt so good to let everything out like that. It felt like I was actually able to do the things that I wanted to. I felt alive!

Suddenly, her words rang through my mind.

We are no longer family!

I closed my eyes and sighed.

What the hell am I supposed to do now? She basically disowned me.

"Nieva?"

I quickly turned around and saw Mrs. Lev standing there with a confused expression on her face.

"What are you doing in here, Dear?"

"Oh. I was just looking around. I haven't been here since last year," I lied.

"Are you okay? Where is Jason?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. I think my dad dragged Jason somewhere," I laughed lightly.

"Oh. Well, you look really beautiful," she grinned.

I looked over her outfit. It was a black dress that went all the way down to the floor. It was simple, but yet really beautiful.

"Thank you. You look amazing," I smiled.

Sophia suddenly popped up beside her mom and she grinned at me.

"You look beautiful, Nieva!"

"Thanks, Sophia. You look beautiful too," I laughed, looking at her white, knee length dress that hugged onto her body perfectly.

"Thanks," she blushed.

"Have you seen Jason, Sophia?" Mrs. Lev asked.

"Well, I saw him walk outside. He probably needed some fresh air or something. Other than that, no. I haven't seen him," she answered.

"Hm. Well, let's go greet the others. I haven't seen some in such a long time," Mrs. Lev smiled, pulling us out of the room.

I looked around when we were out, but I didn't see Jason anywhere. I took a deep breath before I followed Mrs. Lev.

After talking to some people, I excused myself and went to grab a drink. I took a glass of wine from the waiter that was walking around and took a sip.

"Hey. You're Nieva, right?"

I turned around and saw a man that was taller than me. He was wearing a grey suit and his black hair was in a boyish way and his eyes were icy blue. A tattoo was on his neck, but his collar was blocking it and he has strong facial structures. He was handsome in so many ways, but I don't think that he could compare to Jason. Jason is like a devil and an angel mixed together.

"Yeah," I nodded.

"I'm David Russell, CEO of Russell Corps. Nice to meet you, Miss," he stuck his hand out.

"Nice to meet you too," I replied, sticking my hand out into his.

He took my hand and raised it to his lips. Then he lightly planted a kiss.

I blushed and he let go of my hand.

Suddenly, music came on and people in the room started dancing. David took my glass and put it on the table. I stared at him with wide eyes.

"Would you like to dance?"

Before I could answer, Sophia popped up beside me.

"There you are, Nieva!" she grinned.