The Fiance-16

The Fiance

Chapter Sixteen

As I opened my eyes, I saw a figure hunched over while sitting at the edge of my bed. A groan escaped his lips and I smiled faintly.

"Need some water and asprin?" I asked, sitting up.

Jason turned around with wide eyes, surprise shown on his face once he saw me.

"How did I get here?"

"You tell me," I shrugged.

He groaned and turned back around. I combed my hair with my hand before I got up and sat next to him.

"You okay?"

"Not really," he shook his head.

"Um. I'll go get you that water and asprin," I said, getting up.

Jason's hand slipped into mine and I stopped walking. Then he tugged it and I turned around to face him. Suddenly, I was crushed into a hug. He took in a breath and kissed the side of my head. I shivered at the contact and closed my eyes.

"If I said or did anything weird last night, I'm sorry. Don't think much of it okay?"

I love you

I cleared my throat and lightly pushed him back.

"Yeah. Don't worry about it," I said with a small smile.

He kissed my forehead before I pulled away and went to get the asprin and water. Once I was away from him, I took in a deep breath and closed my eyes.

"He didn't mean it. You should feel relieved," I scolded myself.

A tear escaped my eye and I quickly wiped it away.

I thought I would feel relieved when I heard him say that. But why do I feel so hurt?

I shook my head to clear my thoughts and quickly brought Jason the aspirin and water.

"Thank you," he smiled after taking the medicine.

I nodded and sat next to him with a respectable distance between us.

"Why are you so far away? Come here," he suggested, holding a hand out.

I scooted slightly closer, but there was still a big distance between us. Jason decided that he wanted me to be even closer, so he pulled me onto his lap.

"Jason, what th-"

"What's wrong?" he cut me off.

"What are you talking about?"

"Winter, I know that there's something wrong. Was it something I said?"

"W-What? No! What could you possibly have said?" I laughed nervously.

Jason looked at me skeptically before he put a strand of my hair behind my ear.

"Could we talk about yesterday? Cause I seriously don't remember anything," he chuckled.

"Sure. What do you want to know?"

"So, I probably drove here slightly drunk," he winced.

"Just slightly," I laughed.

"Why are you laughing?"

"Huh? Um. Nothing," I answered quickly.

"Come on, Love. Tell me," he urged, kissing down my neck.

I took in a shaky breath.

"You might've woke me up from your singing. Let me add, horrible singing," I joked.