chapter twenty-four

Comment and vote for a chance to have the next update dedicated towards you!

Enjoy!

-

Ashton was probably my favorite person in the world. Even in the moment, when he's telling me about his break up with his across town girlfriend, he's still making positive notes about it and his life. I loved that about him.

"It is what it is, Ands." Ashton shoved another piece of sushi into his mouth.

"I know," I replied. I gestured to the corner of my mouth, letting him know he had a little spec of wasabi caught in the corner of his mouth. "But I don't think she broke up with you for the right reasons."

He shrugged. I couldn't tell if he wan nonchalant about the situation and genuinely was okay with it or if he was trying to cover up the hurt. Ashton only hooked onto very specific people, especially girls. He went through friends and flings like no other.

"Just remember you have your whole life ahead of you to find the right one," I reminded him. 

He nodded, the hurt was evident in his eyes. "I just wanted it to be her," he said. He looked down at his now empty plate. He leaned back into the booth we were sitting in. "I know it's for the best. Now isn't the right time. Maybe there's just someone else out there waiting for me."

"Well, maybe it is her, just in the future. When you guys have grown and learned more about yourselves and life." I didn't want Ashton to completely give up on her. I could tell he really cared about her and what they had. 

Ashton shook his head, as if he was trying to shake off the thoughts."I don't know." He paused, his warm brown eyes meeting mine. "How are things with Luke?" Ashton asked. 

"I mean," I swallowed my food while I gathered my thoughts. "They're good for what they are."

Ashton looked at me with confusion written over his face, "So I take it he hasn't asked you to be his girlfriend?"

I shook my head, "He hasn't asked." I sipped from my water as he furrowed his eyebrows at me.

"That doesn't bother you?" He asked.

"No," I quickly replied. 

He cleared his throat, letting go of the subject, or so I thought. "Okay."

-

I nearly stepped on the roses left on my front door. I bent down to pick them up, Ashton following close behind me. I simply smiled at the gesture, I hadn't received flowers more than a couple times in my life. Luke didn't seem the guy to either, so this was a pleasant surprise. 

I cradled them in my arm as I fumbled with my keys to my house. I groaned, nearly dropping them.

"You need help?" Ashton asked, lifting my backpack from my shoulders and onto his own to relieve the weight from me.

I laughed. "No," I replied, swinging the door open with ease. 

I walked towards my couch, leaving the roses on their side on the coffee table. Ashton shut the front door behind him and carefully set my backpack down on the ground. 

I sighed, turning on the TV. Ashton sat directly next to me, our thighs brushing up against each other.

"That was nice of Luke," Ashton said. 

"What?" I asked in confusion. He gestured towards the table. 

"The flowers."

"Oh," I responded. I smiled, quickly boxing up my happiness. "Yeah."

Ashton pondered for a moment. I watched his eyes flick from the flowers to me. "Does he do that a lot?" He asked. 

I shrugged. I didn't think it was a thing he needed to do at all really. "No," I truthfully answered. 

Ashton and I stared at each other. His light brown eyes became fixated on me. He tucked him bottom lip between his teeth, releasing it before speaking again. "He should."

"Why?" I asked. "We're not even dating."

Ashton may have been older than me, but he didn't have significantly more relationship experience than me. "You're staying over at his house and skipping school with him, Ands."

I shook my head, frustrated by the point he was trying to get around to. "What's your point?" I asked.

"My point is that you deserve better." He gripped my leg as he said this, my eyes staring down at his fingers wrapped around me. "You deserve someone who will do this," He gestured to the roses, "everyday."

"Ashton, it's fine. He treats me fine." I ignored him. I assumed he was just mad because I wasn't spending the time with him I used to now that I was seeing Luke more often. 

Ashton sighed, releasing his grip from me and lazily throwing his around behind me and rested in on the cushions. He rubbed his temple with his free hand, constantly glancing from me to the floor.

"Kat," He first stated. The name got under my skin and he knew it. I felt my eye brows furrow at him. "Ghosting you." He added. I lifted a hand to say something and he beat me to speaking. "Getting in your pants before you were ever serious about anything."

I angrily stood up from the couch and Ashton followed. I put a hand to his chest to keep him from following me further. 

"And why does any of that matter now?" I asked, expecting a shit answer from him honestly. We stared each other down, his eyes full of worry.

"Because you deserve better," he spat back. Ashton placed his hand over mine that was resting on his chest. He took a step closer to me, the space between our chest being separated by only my hand that he was holding. 

"Oh yeah?" I angrily replied. "And what's better?"

I noticed that he took a sharp breath in, taking a glance down to my lips and back up to my eyes. The tension between us skyrocketed for a single second and then was broken by him leaning in closer to me. 

"Anything but him," he growled, the breath of his words hitting my upper lip.

I parted my lips to spit fire back at him, and instead he firmly pressed his lips against mine.

-

A/N: 

DUN DUN

plz vote and comment <3333 ILYSM IF YOURE READING

sorry this took 5ever i genuinely thought i updated like last week lmfao time flies when ur not doing anything......,