chapter seven

I slowly woke up, immediately feeling the aching in my body. The memories from last night had flooded my mind even though most of them were a blur. I laid in bed on my stomach for a few minutes, just letting my arms and legs dangle off of the twin sized bed.

The light peaking through my blinds was enough to keep me awake and I picked up my phone from my nightstand next to me. The first thing I had noticed were the several calls I had from my dad then my clock telling me that it was 1 in the afternoon. I groaned as I sent my dad a text telling him that I was in fact alive and awake.

I sat up and swayed from side to side since I had literally felt drained from the night before. I got out of bed and dragged myself to my bathroom, hopping straight into a shower. The first thing I thought was how I got home, then who took me home and if it was safe, and then who I would kill if someone let Luke take me home since he brought me there.

I rinsed off my body and stepped out into the thick air once I was done, quickly going back into my bedroom to get out of the heat and steam.

I wrapped my towel around my body, not caring that I was still dripping wet from my shower. I secured it around myself and left my room, heading downstairs. I turned to go into my kitchen, but nearly screamed when I saw a boy lying on my couch.

"Ashton!" I shouted, waking him up from his sleep. I picked up a pillow from the chair next to me and threw it towards him.

"Jesus, Andy!" His voice was raspy from just being rudely awaken by me. "Warn me next time you walk around your house naked." He mumbled, half hiding his face and glancing from me to the ground.

"I didn't think you'd be sleeping on my couch, you ass." I huffed. I tightened my towel around me and pulled my hair in front of me, suddenly feeling insecure about how I looked, especially since I just got out of a shower. "And I'm not naked." I sighed, "Why are you even here?"

"I picked you up from Luke's last night." He said, as if I was supposed to know this. Memories from last night soon popped back into my mind, most of them scattered and hazy.

"Why didn't you head back home last night?" I asked, tucking a strand of damp hair behind my ear.

"Because you told me to stay here." He laughed as he sat up. "You thought I was Luke." He explained, making my cheeks turn pink just from the thought of all of the embarrassing things I probably said.

"I'm so sorry, oh my God." I muttered, placing my face in my hands.

"No, no, no. It's okay." He assured me. "You called me around 4am last night and said that you were with Michael Clifford." He told me. "I didn't know you were friends with him." He raised an eyebrow at me as he kicked up his feet on my table.

"Yeah, but I'll explain that to you after I out on." I laughed somewhat nervously before turning around on my heels and running upstairs before I heard Ashton's response.

I hurried into my bathroom, trying to quickly get ready or at least seem presentable. I let my dripping hair hang over my shoulders, only drying it with my towel. I stepped inside my bedroom, digging through my drawers to find a pair of shorts and a t-shirt to slip into.

In the middle of tugging my shorts up my legs, my phone began ringing from my bedside table. I snapped the button on my pants and looked at the name, seeing that Luke was calling me.

"Hello?" I said, with more confusion in my tone than anything. I suspected he would be passed out for a few more hours and since he wasn't, I had no idea what he wanted.

"Come over." He plainly said.

I raised my eyebrow at his request, "Come over?"

"Yes, come over." He repeated. I bit down on my bottom lip, deciding what to do.