chapter fourteen

warning: this has sexual content if ur uncomfortable with that then you can skip the last part of this chapter!!!!

-

"I don't know if she even likes me, Andy." Ashton groaned from beside me. I was in my bathroom fixing up my appearance and he was sitting on the counter next to me rambling on about his undeniable love for Blair. He had about an hour until he had to leave for work and he came right on over just before I was about to leave to go to Luke's.

I laughed, pulling my mascara wand away from my eyelashes. "You hung out with her all during spring break and I'm sure something more than just hanging out happened," I suggestively raised an eyebrow at him and he just rolled his eyes at me. smirked, "And she said yes to going to prom with you. Would a girl who doesn't like you come all the way across town just to see you?" I asked.

He shrugged his shoulders, swinging his feet a little out in front of him. I simply shook my head at him and went back to touching up my makeup.

Ashton wasn't necessarily insecure, he just lacked a little bit a confidence. He had a lot to boast about whether it was his grades or athleticism or physical appearance but never once has he used those as an advantage to get what he wanted. Ashton thought he wasn't enough for Blair, that she could do so much better just from his own self doubt. But I could see a bit of change in him, bigger smiles and definitely a lot more talkative and that's when I realized that I didn't have to worry about her.

As for me, I didn't really care anymore. I didn't care about relationships or really love in general. After a horrible heartbreak last year I finally got over it during Christmas break and for the past 4 months I've been beyond carefree. Now with Luke popping into my life it was a little weird since I hadn't even liked a boy since my last relationship. I didn't know what Luke wanted and I was actually happy that it wasn't bothering me. I figured a little messing around wouldn't hurt anyone.

"How far along are you on your book?" He asked me, changing the subject. Ashton was the best at hopping around in conversations and I'm pretty sure it's his way getting people to listen to what he's saying.

I shrugged, "Not too far." I truthfully told him.

"You might want to hurry up on that, we have a test next week." He reminded me. He was practically my walking and talking planner along with being one of my best friends.

"Yeah, yeah, I know." I waved him off as I pulled my hair out of the ponytail it's been in all day. "I won't read it and use SparkNotes and get a B like every other test I take." I said, giving him a cheesy smile.

He rolled his eyes, "Why don't you just read it an get an A?" He asked. School came easy for him as it did for me, but that didn't keep him from actually doing his work and being the perfect student he was.

"Because I'm a busy woman, Ashton." I joked, picking up my brush at waving it towards him in a taunting manner.

"Then where are you going now?" He finally asked. It was pretty obvious that I was leaving, or at least getting ready to, when he stopped by.

"Nowhere important." I simply stated.

He raised an eyebrow at me, "Then why don't you miss it and stay home?"

I sighed, figuring it was the best just to tell him what I'm up to. "Because I'm going and having over my partially annotated book to Luke." I sneaked a glance over at him, seeing the blank expression he had on his face while he watched me run my fingers through the ends of my hair. He quickly shook his head, furrowing his eyebrows at me.

"You should've made him do it by himself!" He exclaimed, getting a short laugh from me.

"I'll be catching up on reading with him too so what's wrong with it?" I asked, giving him a small smile as my hands dropped to my hips and I faced him.