chapter six

"This is definitely not just a few friends." I shouted to Luke who's side I was glue to. We had been at his house for a few hours and his first and second floor were crowded with people. It went from 30 to 130 in a matter of half an hour and we were still sure that people were pouring in as the night went on.

"At least it's a good party." He replied, looking around at the vast amount of people dancing to the loud music that circulated around every inch of his home.

I kicked a few cups on the ground as he led me to the kitchen where all of the drinks were and we immediately spotted Michael with an unfamiliar girl clinging onto him, most likely a senior girl who was too gone to even know where she was.

I gave Michael a small wave which he gave a smile in return, turning around and grabbing a few small cups for us as he held onto the shorter girl at his side.

"I'm taking her home," Michael said, nodding down at the dark hair girl who curled farther into his side. "Don't get too shitfaced while I'm gone. I want to see that." He told us, getting a laugh out of me and Luke.

We watched as he weaved out of the kitchen, careful to keep the small framed girl from stumbling over. I glanced back over to Luke who was already pouring drinks from a can and into our plastic cups.

"Classy as ever." I joked, taking the red cup from his hand.

"Red cups make it more enjoyable." He gave me a wink which I shook my head at. It was my first drink of the night and Luke was probably on his third or fourth. There were still a couple more hours to the night and I had a feeling he wouldn't be wasting them.

Luke grabbed my arm, pulling me into a small group of people he was talking to. I recognized a few faces, but wasn't actually friends with any of them. He added me into the conversation, refilling everyone's drinks the second they finished. By the looks of it, I wasn't the only one who was asked to 'supply the booze'.

"So you're the one Luke and Michael got busted with?" A dark haired kid asked as he pointed to me, getting my attention. I nodded a few times at him then went deeper into the conversation with him as a few people tuned in.

I felt a tap on my shoulder after a few minutes and I turned around to find Luke gulping down the last of his drink. He tossed his cup in the garbage and I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Michael wants to meet me outside, I'll be back in a few." He informed me then immediately walked off after I gave him a nod that told him that I understood.

I returned back to the small group I was talking to, having to squeeze closer together so we could hear each other over the other loud voices and, literally, bumping music. It sounded as close to a night club as you could get.

We all went on for a little while and I soon began to zone out. I stepped back from the group, walking over to a cooler placed under a table of other various drinks. I grabbed a can and cracked it open as I searched the room for Luke or Michael and was lucky enough to see Michael heading my way. It had looked like he was trying to find me too.

"Andy!" He called out, waving his arm up in the air and walking over to me. "A couple of us are out back, you wanna come?" He asked, holding out his arm so I could hook mine around it.

I didn't give him an answer and just went with him anyways, weaving throughout the obnoxiously loud kids dancing and yelling. It seemed to take us a while, but we had actually made it to a balcony that looked over the huge backyard Luke had.

Michael pushed open the glass door and let go of my arm. We sat down next in the two open chairs next to Luke and the first thing they had done was offer me a cigarette. I rejected it, not wanting to show my smoking habit in front of half of the junior and senior class. Unlike most kids, it was something I'd rather keep between me and my friends and not share it with the entire world.