Day 17.

Cory's Pov.

  I haven't seen Hailey at school, and she should have been back a couple of days ago.

 Now don't go thinking I care about this little nerd. Cause I don't.

 The only reason I want her to come back to school is so I can ask her a couple of questions I have for her. Well, that and so I can copy her homework.

 I just can't believe that the schools little nerd is secretly an F.B.I agent.

 But that doesn't explain why she was at my house and saved me from the fire. Which is why I have to ask her why the hell she was there.

 If only she would show up to school, maybe they extended her suspension? I don't know.

 Shutting my locker with my math book in hand I start walking to Mr. Little's math class. I few steps down the hall and I'm there already.

 Walking inside the classroom I take my seat and the seat next to me is empty where Hailey would sit, and my friend Caleb is sitting there with his head down on the desk.

 Figures, he's taking a nap.

 "Alright class, take out your homework from last night and place it in the top right corner of your desk so I can come around and collect them." Mr. Little say's stepping into the classroom and placing his bag down on his desk.

 Shit, we had homework? Oops. I didn't do it.

 If only Hailey was here I could quickly copy her work, get a few wrong so it looks like I did it myself and didn't cheat off of the nerd.

 I hear someone clear their throat in front of my desk and I look up from my desk and look and see Mr. Little standing there with a stack of papers in his left hand and his right hand folded across his chest.

 "Mr. Nelson, where's your homework you were assigned to do last night?" He ask's me and I shrug my shoulders and lean back in my chair. Mr. Little sighs in frustration, "Give me your homework from last night." He say's with an angry expression growing on his face.

 "Fine, want my homework from last night, here have it!" I say grabbing the worksheet from my backpack, un-crumpling it and placing it on the desk for him to take.

 He picks the paper up off of my desk and smooths it out some more. By this time everyone in the class was watching us, all except Caleb, he's still asleep. Usual.

 "This worksheet isn't finished." He say's in an annoyed tone and looks at me his eyebrows creased.

 "What?" I say shrugging again, "You said for me to hand you last nights homework, you never said it had to be completed."

 His face gets super red with pure anger on his face. If this was a cartoon, he'd have smoke coming out of his ears, he'd probably be breathing some fire and his head would be about to explode.

 "Pack up your things and go to the office now!" Mr. Little finally say's and stomps over to his desk and grabs the office slips and stars filling one out. "I do not appreciate your attitude, so the office you go." And then he hands me the piece of paper and grabs my shirt and pulls me up as I'm zipping my backpack up and shoves me out of the classroom.

 Walking down the hallway to the office I pass Ms. Simmons and she's on the phone talking to someone.

 I take a seat and wait for her to be done with her phone call.

 I can't quite tell what she's talking about but she looks to be tearing up a little bit from what I can see. I can hear her little sniffles and everything.