Chapter 17: Unfortunate Meeting

Katakuri decides to hit the town. He can't stay idle any longer. He chooses to look around the shops, steering clear of the one (Y/n)'s family runs.
He stops in front of a toy store, he vividly remembers this place. It was the one place he would always go to after school when he knew that his mother wouldn't care if he came home or not. They weren't necessarily the good days, but they weren't all that bad either.
  He shakes his head and continues on the way through town. Should I start shopping for the wedding gift? When would be the right time to tell Mama that (Y/N)'s engaged to marry? He lets out a sigh, a flower stand catching his eye.
  A familiar man standing there, it's the man that's going to marry his best friend. No matter how hard he tries to avoid them, he always sees someone. It's like the world is just trying to get him to loose himself.
  He really wanted to go to the flower stand too, but it would be better if he didn't. But it's a tradition, he always goes there when he's in town. He leans against the wall as he waits for the man to leave the shop, but it's taking too long.
  Katakuri just decides to walk up and the owner greets him with a smile, "Katakuri, this nice man here is buying flowers for (Y/n) and wants to know her favorite flower! Why don't you-"
  "I'm not feeling particularly nice today," he mumbles as he picks out a flower and brings it closer to his face so he can inspect it. "Sorry."
  The smile slightly falls from their lips, probably because they want the money that selling the flowers would give them, "I see, that's ok-"
  "He's just upset that I'm going to marry (Y/n) when he's been friend-zoned," the brown-haired man looks around at all the flowers.
  "No, I'm not. I think you're shallow, and I don't help shallow people impress my friend," he closes his eyes before he places the flower back into its designated spot. "Before you propose to someone, or their parents, make sure you at least know their favorites, that your personalities don't clash, that they know you and they're not meeting you for the first time at the alter."
  "She's not meeting me for the first time at the alter," the shorter-male folds his arms. "And what makes you-"
  "That's the only thing you didn't do wrong," he opens his crimson eyes and looks over at the fiancé of his best friend. "The one thing, that you did, that I'll never be able to overlook, is that you tried to change who she is."
  "What are you talking about?" the employee looks between the two men, and more than likely wishes that they weren't there. "I have never-"
  "She's independent, you're trying to get her to obey you," Katakuri fixes his scarf. "From my point of view, so in my personal opinion, marriage isn't meant to restrain women. Marriage is something that benefits both parties, and in order for marriage to work, they both need to be in love with each other. That's where you went wrong. And I'll never like you."
  "So are you telling me she's in love with you?" his brown hair sways slightly as a breeze blows between them and he narrows his eyes. "A man like you? Who's so unapproachable that he doesn't have any other friends? A man who hides his face behind a scarf? How manly is that?"
  "What I do is none of your business," he suddenly crosses his arms as he holds the man's gaze. "And I never said that she was in love with me. I didn't mean to imply it either, but take it that way. I'm being nice by not asking for her hand in marriage. Because quite frankly, even if she isn't in love with me, any sensible woman would choose me over you."
  He doesn't wait for any other kind of response and he just walks away. He doesn't have all day to talk to someone as stupid as that man. And here he thought that he was going to have a good day, but thanks to that unfortunate meeting, he's in a bad mood.

-Chapter 17: Unfortunate Meeting End-