Chapter 7: Dream

"W-what do you mean? You haven't tried to call me," she shakes her head, her mind still trying to wake up from her nap. "How'd you get here?"
"I tried to call you at least four times, (Y/n). And your parents let me in," he sighs out, his eyes wandering other her, just now catching on that she was asleep. "They didn't inform me, however, that you were sleeping."
"Don't worry about it, what would you like to talk about?" she leans on the doorway before wiping away what little dreariness she had left in her eyes.
He holds up a pale pink paper and she gives him a smile, "Doesn't take you long to read anything does it?"
"Nope," he shakes his head. "I just can't believe that you kept this from me... how long, (Y/n)?"
"Probably about... a week," she brushes a (h/c) strand out of her face and behind her ear as she tries to avoid eye contact. "I'm so-"
"There's nothing to be sorry about, (Y/n). I'm the one who wouldn't see what you were going through. I'm not used to... anything, (Y/n). You might think I am, that I might actually have a clue, but I don't," he sighs out. "Even though I had you, my family still can't teach me about half the things you know. I honestly don't thing that I've ever felt joy, except when I'm wi-"
He stops dead in his sentence and shakes his head, "What? Katakuri, what were you going to say?"
"It's nothing," he clears his throat before she steps out of the way. He raises an eyebrow at her and she motions for him to come in the room.
She grabs his hand and leads him to the bed, taking a seat of the edge and waiting for him to do the same, "Remember when we were kids and we went trick-or-treating?"
"No," he shakes his head as he stares at her, knowing that she wasn't done.
"Well, I do. You had no clue what it was, so I grabbed some cat ears and shoved them on your head, some black paint and made some whiskers?" she looks at him out of the corner of her eye and gives him a small smirk. "That's how you got your nickname. Remember? Kata-kitty!"
He shakes his head before he starts to nod, "Yeah, I do now that you mention it. I still hate that nickname."
"Come on, you know you secretly love it," she teases him, lightly shoving him as she starts to giggle. He does, but he'll never let her know that.
"No I don't," he lightly pushes her back, and she grabs onto his shirt as she falls back. Since he wasn't prepared, he falls on top of her, their faces inches from each other.
"Up close, you're eyes are still really kind, Kata-kitty," she places her hands on both sides of his face, slightly above his scarf. "Really, really kind."
She's greeted with silence, but that's only because he's too busy looking into her (e/c) pools to really focus on what she said, "You know, I had a dream like this earlier."
"Really?" he studies her perfectly shaped face. "How'd it end?"
She stays silent as she looks away, and then back at him suddenly, "I pulled down your scarf and you let me."
He rolls off of her and onto the tiny bed, his legs hanging off the bed, "That's interesting..."
"Too bad that it was only just a dream," she sighs out reaching above her and covering the light with her hand, but letting it leak through her fingers. "It ended before I could even see your mouth."
"You'd call me a monster anyway," he fixes his scarf as to make sure that it won't expose anything. She turns her head to the side to see him stare at the ceiling. "That's what most people call me anyway. Maybe that what I should go trick-or-treating as next year, myself. I'd scare a lot of-"
"Quit that!" she punches his shoulder lightly as she sits up. "I hate seeing you berate yourself!"
"It's only the truth," he closes his eyes and looks at her. "I mean, you forgot what I look like because you're disgusted by it. I've read somewhere that when kids are traumatized, they block out the memories. My face traumatized you so much that you-"
"Katakuri! Stop it!" she feels a lump in the throat and she starts to loose her breath, her words getting caught up and blocking passage for air. "I forgot because you asked me to. Don't you remember? You told me that it's be for the best if everyone just forgot! I tried to forget for you! But now that I did I wish that I remembered for me. Because I want you to know just how handsome you really are, and I don't want you to feel as if everyone in the whole goddamn world has forsaken you! I want you to feel loved for who you are, all of you! Katakuri, don't you understand?"
He sits up and stares at her, before he reaches out and wipes away a tear that escapes her eye, "I made you cry. I'm sorry, but I think I'll take my leave now, (Y/n)."
She places her hand on top of his, indicating that she wants him to stay, but he drops his hand and goes to the door, "Katakuri! Have you ever had a dream so vivid it felt real?"
He turn back to face her once he's through the door and he nods, "I have, (Y/n)."
"What was it about?" she wipes away multiple tears as she tries to hide her face from him. "What did you dream about?"
"It's been so long I don't remember," he lies, but he doesn't wait for her response. He closes the door and leaves the house.
Every night, he'd have the same dream. (Y/n) and him would live together, no one would try to come and take her from his life. There were no pushy siblings or friends trying to get them married. There wasn't a care in the world, they were together and they were happy. Every night. It was reoccurring, and he wasn't going to complain.
All he ever wants is to be with her, but that doesn't mean he loves her. Right? If that's the case, then what's this sinking feeling? Why doesn't he want her to be married to another guy, one who won't even let her be his friend anymore? Why doesn't he like this feeling? And why the hell, does it make him feel like he's going to vomit?

-Chapter 7: Dream End-